Minimal Theme

I have a small bug with the hider plugin and the instructions when toggling it on or off:

I’m in Linux (In case that plays a role!)

Opps ???

latest version : “version”: “1.0.4”,

I am not able to replicate this issue on my side. Are you able to open the developer tools console and share what you see when you try to enable it?

This is fixed, thanks

1 Like

app.js:1 Plugin failure: obsidian-hider Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'F:\vault\.obsidian\plugins\obsidian-hider-master\main.js'

main.js lost ??? but there’s a main.ts

I re-download code include “main.js”, all it works.

Could you please add hover display “views-icon” into Hider plugins ?

I don’t want hide, need hover display.

Thanks.

Are you installing this via the Third-party Plugins menu in Preferences → Third-party plugins → Browse?

Nop. I download zip on github.

Weird. Some plugins on github don’t have “main.js” file.

Solved. I build main.ts. get main.js. it works.

This -> isn’t changing to this ‘->’
What should be done?

@Steve_yang Unless you need to install from GitHub for some reason (e.g., testing purposes? not sure what reasons might exist, actually), you should really install via the in-app plugin management options. That way you won’t encounter errors like the one you describe here and you’ll be able to detect when updates are released.

@DummyME That’s a feature called ligatures and it depends on your font choice. Try a different font, or, use a text expander like Espanso to always insert → for ->.

1 Like

I found that there will be some symbols in h4->h6 tag that will generate garbled characters

It is hoped that the font Setting of h1-> H6 can be performed in the "Minimal Theme Settings

I’m seeing an issue on the latest insider build (0.9.22)

When going into preview mode all text goes edge to edge.

Attached a couple of screenshots. No issue with default theme.

Trying turning off readable line length in Obsidian Settings. I’ll look into a more permanent fix.

1 Like

I’m trying to change the background color in the dark version from the original brownish tone to a blue background. Setting --base-h from 0 to 240 should do the job, right?
However, I don’t see any change in the background colour.

Currently running 0.9.22.

Are also running the Minimal Theme Settings plugin? If so you’ll need to turn off the plugin or add more specificity to your CSS.

Now that snippets are available it is not recommended to edit the theme file itself.

Oh, that did the trick. Without the plugin, it’s working as expected.

One other small bug report, even though it’s related to a plugin that’s not officially supported: I’m using the backlinks in document plugin, which shows its content centered at the bottom of the page when I’m in edit mode. In preview mode it is however shifted to the left.

This looks a bit like the bug related to the Readable line length setting, but I already have that turned off. Any other ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks again for your great theme!

I really like the fonts you are using. What are they called?

To be honest, I messed around with the CSS so much that I can’t remember which font I used in the screenshot - sorry.
I think the preview font is -apple-system and the editor is Roboto.

I am not planning to add support for the backlinks in document plugin for now because the way it works is likely to break in future Obsidian updates. I would recommend writing your own CSS snippet for that. If you do so, feel free to share it in the Share your Minimal Theme screenshots/configuration thread :slight_smile:

I’ll get to the Readable Line Length bug shortly, thanks!