MarkDownload - Markdown Web Clipper

Hi there, you found a way to get Wiki stuff into Obsidian? Thanks

This seems to apply to the Chromium browser, it does not work for Safari.

I love this clipper but am challenged with adding the {keywords:SEPARATOR} into a list property.

What should the separator be if I want to create a list property in the yaml?

Having thought about this a bit … keywords in the source html are in different formats with different delimiters. So this task might be left to do in Obsidian after the note is imported; if it even has keywords. That is a small price to pay.

Thank you for this extension, it is very useful.

However - after clipping perfectly 10 pages or so, it stops creating pages in Obsidian.
It still sends the markdown to the clipboard, and it opens Obsidian, but no new page is created.

What could be going on?
Chrome on Windows.

All the best,
Tord

Open the Developer Console in Obsidian (Ctrl + Shift + I). I just spent two hours dealing with the same issue. It turns out that the page title had a period at the end and that is not allowed in Obsidian, as the error message indicated.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Will there be support of {publishedate} in frontmatter in the upcoming update?

thanks

I’m usually able to grab the published date by using {article:published_time} in my template. it was the most common meta tag I came across when hunting for other variables in different sites’ source code.

1 Like

thank you so much, this is really awsome.

Did a little test. this mustache{} seem only work on meta tags not on div class.

yeah, I’m not really sure how you would pull from a div class given that the extension itself looks in the meta tags. I’ve definitely had to manually grab info from source code in some sites that don’t use the metadata tags (but I wish they would! huge fan of semantic web practices), at least until I figure out some easier way!