Making tooltips with extra information

Hi! :raising_hand_man: I would like to use Tooltips in Obsidian for explanations like I do in Anki with the Anki Tooltips plugin. It looks like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-26 um 16.51.16

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-26 um 16.51.23

The plugin uses Tippy.js, so I thought it should be possible somehow. My coding knowledge is limited though and I didn’t find a way to do it.

I tried to achieve something similar by creating a note with explanations, writing “:speech_balloon:” and linking to the explanation heading, but it’s unhandy because I use tooltips often.

Thanks in advance!

Another member was playing around with tooltips a bit ago. It might give you some ideas:

Thanks for the suggestion @ariehen and sorry for the late reply! After fiddling around for a long time, I found that the best solution for me is using footnotes with addons (Better footnote, Footnote shortcut, Tidy Footnotes).

Only thing I’d still love to change is that the footnotes are displayed as “:speech_balloon:”. How can I make that work?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.