[Mac OSX] Vault saving fails after pasting images into Notes

Steps to reproduce

Fresh install of Obsidian .DMG. Create new vault (this has been reproduced on iCloud folders, local non-cloud folders, and with sync both enabled and disabled).

Writing standard text notes, paste a screenshot (.png) image into the note. After appx 30s, I get several 'Failed to save xxx.md, File system operation timed out. Make a backup…" errors as autosave fails. I am unable to manually save with Ctrl+S.

Expected result

I expect the document to successfully save to local disk, iCloud, or to sync w/ Obsidian sync.

Actual result

After appx 30s, I get several 'Failed to save xxx.md, File system operation timed out. Make a backup…" errors as autosave fails. I am then unable to manually save with Ctrl+S, and and subsequent Ctrl+S results in the same error popping up.

Environment

• Operating system: OSX Catalina on MBP, mid 2014
  • Debug info:SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.13.33
    Installer version: v0.13.31
    Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 19.6.0: Thu Jan 13 01:26:33 PST 2022; root:xnu-6153.141.51~3/RELEASE_X86_64 19.6.0
    Login status: logged in
    Catalyst license: none
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

I suspect this has to do with an image upload. Once this condition occurs, I cannot paste additional images into the note and further, I can't reproduce this bug unless I paste an image into the document (just plaintext seems to work/save fine).

The issue @Nus is experiencing at [MacOS]: Obsidian does not save and get stuck in a limbo state (failed to save) - #86 by Nus seems to be related.

This may have been resolved in 0.14.0+. Let’s give it another try once we release this version to public.

1 Like

awesome. happy to beta test

see Catalyst, Supporter, VIP - any one of those will get you early access.

Is this a Catalina issue?

I paste screenshots into obsidian on a Mac all the time (local folder, synced and version controlled through GitHub) and never had a similar issue. I have an M1 MBP running Monterey.

1 Like

After getting the preview build (14.2), I no longer run into this issue! Thanks, @Licat @pmbauer & team.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.