Lock canvas card content or just lock the card to view mode

Use case or problem

Hi, I use Canvas to embed some interactive plots with the Plotly plugin, and I am happy with that. But when I try to click the legend or links inside the card, it will enter the edit mode. It means I couldn’t interact with the plots easily. It would be great if Canvas could provide the function of locking the mode of the card.

Proposed solution

provide the function of locking the mode of the card.

Current workaround (optional)

Don’t know

2 Likes

I think it would be very useful to have a lock mode in Canvas. Many times, I do not realize that I am still in edit mode (muscle memory leads me to think “Esc” is enough get out of edit mode by I actually have click outside the note!), and end up add lots of characters into my notes as I try to move around canvas using keys.

+1 I would like to be able to lock elements of the canvas.

I don’t know how this could be achieved. Perhaps locking the notes in the finder individually might work? But then I’d also like to lock Obsidian’s view.

Is the read-only mode not working for you?

I still want to move the add/remove connections or arrows, add/remove boxes, add/remove groups, make connections etc. It’s just the text/content of the notes that I do not want to (accidentally) edit, which is easy to happen due to oversubscribed keys (e.g., space character doing two different things depending on whether a note is clicked or not).