Live Preview: Add Support for tables (Render Tables as per "reading" view)

I would already be happy if the tables are rendered in Live Preview like they are in Reading Mode. And if you click on them that you see the code displayed above the rendered table, similar how it works for latex equations. I see the UI elements to control the table rows as something extra to be added by a plugin or so.

6 Likes

Yes, basic but temporarily sufficient implementation of tables in Logseq - modes instantly switch with mouse click on a table and maintained depending on text cursor position.

I think maybe a plug-in can temporary do that. Maybe around a code block and preview it like dataview, or button.

I think it can be pretty interesting with the table extended plug-in.

After the table edition in typora is very cool so I dream to saw that in Obsidian.

3 Likes

@Mara-Li you gonna make that plug-in?

If only I had this level of programming!

@Mara-Li I don’t know if it is as easy to make that plug-in as you say otherwise someone would have already done it, I think :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah, that would maybe even be better, just how it now works for dataview, switching between code and render. And the advanced table plugin has already buttons for these table operations.

I’m sure many of us would’ve come across @ganesshkumar new plugin (still not avail in community plugin). Posting here for reference. Maybe rendered table in live preview via plugin is more possible now?

1 Like

In 0.14.1, currently available to insiders, tables will render in live preview. I want to be clear that this is not cell-by-cell wyswyg editor. The whole table switches from reader view to code view and viceversa.

I will close this FR. If you are interested in cell-by-cell editor, follow this other FR https://forum.obsidian.md/t/live-preview-edit-table-cell-by-cell/34110.

Plugins that currently facilitate table input:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.