List numbering resets with addition of sub-list elements

Once you’ve done the above, delete everything above this line.

Steps to reproduce

Create a numbered list:
1)
2)

Add a sub-list to a list item before the (current) last one:
1)
a)
2)

Add another sub-list item…:
1)
a)
b)
1)

And unless I’m just doing something ridiculous on my end, #2 should have been ‘reset’ to #1 (as shown here)

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Done; unfortunately, same behavior.

Expected result

1)
    a)
    b)
2)

Actual result

1)
    a)
    b)
1)

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.5.12
Installer version: v1.5.3
Operating system: #202403110203~1710198088~22.04~1a3dbc7~dev-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT_DY 6.8.0-76060800daily20240311-generic
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Base theme: adapt to system
Community theme: Royal Velvet v0.11.2
Snippets enabled: 2
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 11
Plugins enabled: 11
1: Latex Suite v1.6.13
2: Dataview v0.5.55
3: Zotero Integration v2.3.8
4: Admonition v9.2.2
5: Pandoc Plugin v0.4.1
6: Style Settings v1.0.3
7: PDF Highlights v0.0.4
8: Highlightr v1.2.2
9: Recent Files v1.3.6
10: Periodic Notes v0.0.17
11: Calendar v1.5.10

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Custom theme and snippets: for cosmetic issues, please first try updating your theme and disabling your snippets. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community theme and snippets.
Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

Additional information

Seems more like a bug (unexpected behavior) than a feature request. Hope this is the right spot for it. Thanks for a really excellent tool, otherwise!!!

This is a quirk of the live preview mode (another one was just reported here). The numbering will render correctly in view mode.

This isn’t a bug. You can’t use letters as list markers in an ordered list in Markdown. (You can use CSS to display them as letters when the list is rendered in Reading View or export.) Basic formatting syntax - Obsidian Help

(Also your steps to reproduce show no indentation but I assume from the expected/actual output shown later that that’s an error, probably the result of not putting them in code blocks.)