Another one for me too here (2021-02-28 - 1:20 PM (UTC+1)).
Reported it to Apple (Just in case, I kept a copy of the report (same for the previous one too)) .
I didn’t have any yesterday (despite playing around with CSS Snippets and adding few plugins through Obsidian’s settings).
On the four kernel panics I encountered so far, 2 of them happened while adding external links to a note (between the copy of the link from Chrome but before being able to paste it in the note… in other words, while the link was still in my clipboard) :
- When embedding the TikTok video (I was going to paste the link into an
- And just now as I was formatting the markdown external link in my daily note (
()) : It crashed while I was writing the text for the link
Each time I had just one single note open (solely in Edit mode).
No data loss so far and after reboot, Obsidian reopened exactly where it was left when the crash occured.
iCloud so far seems to be doing correctly its job .
As it’s the first time it happen in the past few days, I can say that :
- I was able to add, update and or configure community plugins without crashes.
- I’ve also been able to modify CSS snippets, test new ones (which I don’t use yet) and preview community themes without crashes, also.
- I didn’t do any “real” writings during those past few too (I’ve been in a procrastination phase ), until now (even though it wasn’t much : just a tasks list of 94 words per Obsidian - 754 characters).
As for the rest, my Mac didn’t change in between my last post and now.
macOS Big Sur Version 11.2.1
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Processor 2,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory 16 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 Mo
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,2
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2,5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 Ko
L3 Cache: 6 Mo
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 Go
System Firmware Version: 4126.96.36.199.0
SMC Version (system): 2.18f15
I’m still not using any community theme and to my previous list of my enabled community plugins :
I’ve added :
- Recent files
- Vault Changelog
And also re-enabled the Table of Content plugin which was just updated today.
For the core plugins, nothing changed. Everything is enabled except :
- Random note
- Audio recorder
- Publish & Sync
I’m not sure I can be more precise than this here .
Edit : Yes, I can add one thing :
Just in case, I’ve run a diagnostic on my Mac (to put aside some hardware problem, as it’s pretty old and used ) and it came back negative : there was nothing to see there, fortunately )