Andy Matuschak mode - V2.7 (updated for 0.7+ new panes)

This is what I mean - see screenshot.
To see the rest of the text in the right-hand pane, I have to slide that pane to the left.

That’s just because the pane is scrolling out of view, isn’t it? You have (what I assume from the screenshot is) two panes, whose total width is wider than the workspace. So it makes sense that you would have to scroll to see it all. Right?

1 Like

OK, understood. Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

Thanks for the CSS mode, liked it.

Found out a strange bug of CSS where emojis are not rotated 90deg like the text (see below).

Haven’t found this issue in google ¯\(ツ)

For now I’m using this little tweak that turn the writing upright haha.

/* Hack to turn writing upright (place me after Andy!) */
.view-header {
  writing-mode: vertical-rl;
  text-orientation: upright;
  letter-spacing: -5px;
}
.view-header-title {
  padding-right: 0;
}

2 Likes

Append this to the end of the script if you want it rotated the other way

/* If you want to rotate it to the right */
.view-header-title-container {
  transform: rotate(180deg);
  text-align: right;
  margin-top: 10px;
}
.view-header-title-container:after {
  width: 0%;
}

5 Likes

How do you add those emojis? Question of just copy/paste an emoji, or do you use a special syntax?

I use a text expander for my commonly used emojis (see Expanso or Alfred): I type :ok: and it expands to 👌. If you are on mac and only want emojis you can also use “Rocket”.
Without any app, you can also use ⌃⌘ + ␣ on Mac / ⊞ Win + . on Windows.

1 Like

Got it. I normally use the ⌃⌘ + ␣ on Mac but thought maybe there was something I had missed.
Many thanks.

Can you explain to me what this code refers to? I don’t quite understand “note title in the transclusion” and don’t see it making any visual changes when I apply it.

Edit: Nevermind. I discovered what embedded transclusions actually are now - great feature and your tweak works nicely!

Is there a way to scroll/move back to a prior note without using the scrollbar (or trackpad)? The scrolling in the video works wonderfully on a trackpad, but with a keyboard and mouse, it’s not as natural (you have to manually drag the scrollbar).

What’s more, is that the “Focus on Pane to the left” and “Focus on pane to the right” keyboard shortcuts only activate the window, but they don’t scroll. So you can “jump” back to a prior note, but that note is not actually displayed on the screen.

How are people using this mode with a keyboard and mouse?

1 Like

Hold shift while scrolling, that should allow you to scroll horizontally. Works with other apps with horizontal scrolling as well.

3 Likes

@3mbry0 You just changed my life. Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you !
The new code allows me to use it without messing around my sidebar, it is perfect and beautiful.

Yeah I saw Ward wiki in 2012 :grin: There was some link that explained the function of the colors in the square icons according to a system I don’t remember.

@mcx Interesting. I’m curious, even back in 2012, did Ward have that leaf/panel style?

Yes, nothing is changed, but it has more content on it I’m sure. There has been other layouts for TiddlyWiki too, similar to that style. It’s very nice the federated wiki is still running.
This is a tiddlywiki I like very much, but it is abandoned. It had a lot features and very customizable.

3 Likes

BUG

I’ve been using Andy Mode for a while. I’m not sure if others had this problem after upgrading to 0.8.2, but when I scroll down many times the whole UI scrolls up (see the gif below).

I tried to switch back to the default css and it doesn’t happen.

idk what thats about, but I’ve had the same thing happen in my vault. I’m running a different css though.

I have not had that problem.