Keep focus in current tab (Open links in new tab/tab group in background)

+1 would use

2 Likes

This would be fantastic - I frequently review related notes after the main note and open them as I’m reading the main one - each link opening a new tab interupts my reading flow though :frowning:

3 Likes

Came upon this after searching for solution to this issue. Signed up just so I could say that I want this feature too!

1 Like

this behavior is driving me nuts. I want to command click many links from a note as I’m reading. having to interrupt my workflow with each click is bananas.

5 Likes

A less-than-ideal workaround is ctrl+alt+click. It opens the link in a new tab in split view. However, it just keeps making more split views when opening multiple links.

2 Likes

I also made a similar feature request not having seen this one.

I less often open notes in new tabs with the intent of interacting with that note immediately after doing so. I much more often open a series of notes in the background to review. If I need to look at a new tab that I opened, I prefer to take the extra step to go to that new tab manually.

I agree with the previous comments. The current way is distracting. +1 for this feature request.

1 Like

Mega mega mega +1 for this feature please! And more options for control of pane focus in general.

1 Like

I came from Google search looking for a solution to this issue. It’s annoying always having to click back to the original tab. And I do that quite a lot. Definitely +1.

1 Like

+1. Would make tabs and workflows far better.

1 Like

This is driving me crazy! Please allow us to open a new tab in a window that doesn’t still focus.

2 Likes

+1 I was hoping to find this was already implemented

1 Like

+1 Yes please :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 for this feature!

1 Like

+1 for this feature and the related ‘ctrl+click (or shift+click) to open in new tab’

1 Like

+1 will be very useful and time saving (found this thread while searching how to do what is requested here)

1 Like

+1 !!

1 Like

I would love this feature as well!

1 Like

will be implemented in v1.2. No ETAs.

6 Likes

+1 This is driving me nuts also!

Could we just add a cmd+shift or cmd+option or cmd+ctrl or just a setting that allows us to choose whether we want cmd+click to open a link in a background or foreground tab?

Pleeeease ? :slight_smile: