Kanban Plugin

Anyone else getting an error with this plugin on most recent update?

Not noticed anything, what is happening?

I get this error on both my Mac and Windows versions

I removed the following lines from my .md file:

%% kanban:settings
{"kanban-plugin":"basic"}
%%

And the issue resolved

1 Like

Hmm, strange. This error message shouldnā€™t exist anymore in the latest version :thinking:

Yeah, would like to have assignment of color. Either by tags or manually changing it would be great. Helps categorizing or prioritizing.

1 Like

Might have been my fault, apologies, might have been on an older version. It came back when I updated to the insider build - but updating the Kanban plugin fixed it

1 Like

How do you use these snippets? I put the first in .obsidian/snippets.
It not only put all the lists ina asingkle column, but backgrounds are not even yellowā€¦ :confused:

Hi, how can I change the text color if the due date is today or overdue?

1 Like

I just started playing with this plug-in and am running into an odd issue similar to this one. Mine is that new items entered directly in markdown never show up in kanban mode.

I am a bit faster entering in things in Markdown so I switched to markdown and added a new card and text. They all look correctly formatted in the note when I look at it but all new cards are not shown when I switch back to view as Kanban. Also Iā€™ve got bold face for my card titles but they do not show as bold in the Kanban view.

Hereā€™s a screen shot of the markdown version

This is what displays in preview mode

And this is what displays in the Kanban view

I must be missing some key point about adding cards via entering markdown but I sure canā€™t figure it out. Iā€™m on a Mac running with the plugin version 1.2.19

And worse when I move the top card to another list and then go back the second one and all its info are now gone. Itā€™s been entirely deleted not even showing up in the markdown version! And the bold face in the card title is now also gone.

You can use this CSS:

/* past */
.kanban-plugin__item.is-past .kanban-plugin__item-metadata-date-relative {
  color: #f00;
}

/* today */
.kanban-plugin__item.is-today .kanban-plugin__item-metadata-date-relative {
  color: #f0f;
}

/* future */
.kanban-plugin__item.is-future .kanban-plugin__item-metadata-date-relative {
  color: #0f0;
}
2 Likes

Hmm, this is very weird. Iā€™ve seen several people report this issue, but I have yet to be able to reproduce it. Does it always happen when you edit the markdown then switch back to kanban view? Or just sometimes?

If you can get this to happen again, can you see if thereā€™s any red text in the developer log? You can open it with option + command + i.

Itā€™ll look something like this:

As a suggestion i think it is useful to add a button or something that add some cards to the top of the list, or send a card to top or bottom of the list.

Thanks for the suggestion! Not sure if this is already on your radar, but you can add cards before or after other cards. This makes it a little easier to add things to specific spots in a list.

3 Likes

i didnā€™t know about that, certainly a useful option for me, thanks

1 Like

It happens all the time with this board and there are no errors in the console log at all.

I just tried in a brand new kanban board.
Created it via command Kanban: Create new Board
I added 2 via add card when in kanban mode, switched to markdown and added one more card, switch to kanban and I see them all properly complete with the bold titles.

Back to markdown mode so I could edit the cards I changed the title of one card from Test Issue to something else but the change is never reflected if I go back to the kanban mode but if I flip back to markdown I see my changed text in there.

Iā€™d really like to use this plug-in but Iā€™m flustered as to how to make it work for me when I canā€™t even get a basic board to behave consistently on my system or with how I work.

Kanban plug in version 1.2.19
Obsidian Version v0.12.19
Mac OS version 10.15.7 Catalina on a 2013 iMac

Further update, In the brand new kanban board if I move any card to a new list when in kanban mode by draging it to a new location all changes to cards text that I did while in markdown mode are gone and everything reverts to the first text entered.

@OogieM Can you update the plugin and see if you still run into these issues? I made some small tweaks that I hope will address the issues youā€™re encountering.

ok, I donā€™t have time to do a full test on all the cases but the quick and dirty one seems to work properly now.

I added a card via markdown, and can see it in kanban view. I also edited a card in markdown and can see the changes.

I can do more detailed testing including moving cards around and mixing and matching adding and editing cards in kanban and in markdown modes sometime late tomorrow or on Tuesday.

Right now I have to work on my own desktop Python program which is crashing. I am supposed to demo it tomorrow. I hosed my IDE and am having to restore from a backup. :scream:

BTW thanks for the quick updates, much appreciated

1 Like

I am new to obsidian, just evaluating kanban plugin for my work flow.
I have following hierarchy

Projects
     Project 1
     Project 2

I create per project kanban board. i.e. Project1 - Task, Project2 - Task
Now I want to create Projects - Task, which will be aggregated from all projects kanban board.

How can I archive it in obsidian ?
It will be helpful if it is kanban board.

Iā€™ve just installed the plugin, and trying to understand how Linked Page Metadata works.

In my standard frontmatter template, Iā€™ve tags in list format:

tags:
- tag1
- tag1/tag2
- tag3

But when I add tags as Linked Page Metadata, I get this error:

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?