Kanban Plugin

Does not work with Minimal either

1 Like

Looks great, Iā€™m going to test it soon. Is time tracking per task/project planned? Thatā€™d be a great addition.

@mgmeyers and @manuelalonso
I encounter this same issue today.

I had to add height and width to my checkbox styling in my snippets file to get them to show up. I hope this helps.:

input.task-list-item-checkbox {
    appearance: none;
    -webkit-appearance: none;
    border-radius: 50%;
    border: 1px solid red;
    width: 18px;   <---
    height: 18px; <---
}

When I did, my custom checkbox style showed up in my kanban instead of a small dot.

Before:

After I added the height and width:

1 Like

@Mike Hi Mike, where do you edit those settings to get the complete button to show up?

@manuelalonso

Maybe @mgmeyers would consider adding something to his kanban css for the plugin that might fix it for anyone who uses a theme that styles their checkboxes the way the minimal theme does.

For a work around I added this css snippet to my snippets.css file and switched to the minimal theme:

input.task-list-item-checkbox {
    width: 18px;
    height: 18px;
}

And I got this result:

You turn on snippets here from the Appearance Options in settings:

Then you edit the snippets.css file in the .obsidian/snippets folder for your vault.

On a macOS you have to toggle hidden folders to see the hidden .obsidian folder in your vault. You can do that by typing cmd shift period:

cmd + shift + [.]

Use the same command to toggle ā€œshow hidden foldersā€ off when you are done.

I am sure windows folks do something similar.

Good luck!

1 Like

Besides time tracking, Iā€™d also add an adjustable Pomodoro-style timekeeper.

You know, so that I can at the same time track sessions and remind to rest regularly e.g. after 25, 45, 50 minutes or any other adjustable time period of work & rest.

Would a donation help with this? :smiley:

3 Likes

@Mike Thanks Mike! I love my Gruvbox theme, so I will try to modify it in similar ways. But yeah, I told @mgmeyers about this and perhaps he is going to fix it for all themes, or most themes?

1 Like

Love the Kanban, but (thereā€™s always a but :roll_eyes:) is anyone having sync issues with Kanban cards from IOS to Mac using obsidian sync? Iā€™m finding some cards donā€™t sync from IOS until I view the boards as markdown. Also, Is this perhaps related to the fact the word count plugins donā€™t seem to register text input to cards?

It would be great if this great Kanban board can be loaded in the right side bar with the vertical arrangements.

If it is not possible, Kanban board which can be arranged vertically might be another option.
In that case, we can open the Kanban board in the narrow-width pane.

Thank you for this great plug-in.

2 Likes

This may be a very simple question but is there a way of adding hashtags at the level of the entire board rather than at the card level? I want to be able to assign the board, which represents a mini-project, to a topic that is used to link similar boards on the same theme. I am pretty new to Obsidian so I am also happy to entertain other ways of achieving that goal that arenā€™t hashtags!

1 Like

Someone else might be able to chime in on another way of approaching this, but board level tags arenā€™t currently supported. Iā€™ve created a task in the roadmap for this: Obsidian Kanban Roadmap Ā· GitHub

Hello, thank you for developing this plugin. I was wondering if it was possible to use the date selection tool to edit the metadata of the card or vice versa. I currently have a ā€œdue:ā€ section in the metadata of my template and would like to be able to type the date there and have it populate on the card or use the current date selection tool to populate the metadata field. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Thank you for your help.

This is currently not possible, but a great idea! Itā€™s a pretty complex feature and may take a while to develop, but Iā€™ll add it to my list.

1 Like

Obsidian Kanban 1.0.0

This release is a major overhaul of the Kanban plugin. It contains a lot of behind the scenes updates, but also some notable new features:

• Lanes are now scrollable
  • Kanban cards can now contain new lines
  • Kanban input fields support basic markdown editing behavior
  • Block embeds are now supported (handy in conjunction with the Copy Block Link plugin)
  • Several board action buttons have been added to the board header

With such a major overhaul, it is likely there are bugs still lurking in the depths. Please let me know if you encounter any issues here: https://github.com/mgmeyers/obsidian-kanban/issues

Also, this release will break most themes that have styled the Kanban plugin. Please reach out to theme authors if you see any visual anomalies.

7 Likes

Kanban 1.0.6

This release drastically improves mobile support. There are still some quirks on mobile, but Kanbans on mobile are much more usable!

1 Like

I donā€™t seem to be able to tick checkboxes in a Kanban note after updating. This is with the default theme and no CSS customisation.

This is the desktop version on MacOS.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Looks good.
But four issues so far:

• Canā€™t click on links
  • Linked page metadata setting disappears when there is metadata for it.
  • Also Kanban helper in MetaEdit is broken (not very surprising given the extensive changes in Kanban.
  • Dataview lists on a card generally work - which is great! - but donā€™t always render.
    Still loving the plugin though!

@_Dan & @jwb I fixed the issue with links and checkboxes not being clickable.

@jwb Could you clarify what you mean with this one?

Linked page metadata setting disappears when there is metadata for it.

1 Like

Brilliant! This plugin has become a really key part of my day. Iā€™m very grateful for your work.

1 Like

Thanks for fixing the links.
I tried to reproduce my problem, and it does persist in 1.0.8. i.e. the section at the bottom of the board settings for ā€œlinked page metadataā€ just breaks after first use: no entry field, no way to add more fields; nothing at all after the explanation (i.e. the line that endsā€¦ā€œlabels can be hidden altogether.ā€).
Even worse, the kanban board view is now completely blank, even though the markdown seems clean. Only a full app restart shows the board again. and thereā€™s still no way to change or edit the ā€œlinked page metadataā€.
If I remove all ā€œlinked page metadataā€ from the markdown and restart Obsidian, the board goes back to normal and is usable. But the second I try to use the feature, things screw up again.
On my system at least, itā€™s a serious bug.
Weird, though I hope it makes sense to you!