Kanban Plugin

Can you add vimkey bindings for navigation in kanbans?

The same as any hotkey. Go to Settings, Hotkeys, then filter on Kanban. The one you want to set is called Toggle between Kanban and markdown mode.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi there,
Love your plugin and have been a user for a while. Not a power user Iā€™m sad to admit but a user none the less. I have a question, would it be possible to render the Kanban in a different note just like it looks in a separate Kanban file?

Kind of like putting your Kanban board at the top of your project note and change use it while embedder. I donā€™t know if that is even possible but thought it would be useful as I am using it to track my current university project.

So you want to having a sub-note of your kanban file right? For ex, you have kanban1_file, in kanban1_file you have list_1 with card_1.1; It is possible to have card_1.1 as a clickable link to a note or even a kanban note.

To make card_1.1 as a list, right click on card and make a note.

To make card_1.1 as a kanban note, just create a kanban note with same title as your card. Remember put it to default note path of your kanban1_file. You can find it in setting.

Hi guys,

any news from next version of kanban? A tree-structure of card in list is really helpful for most of us.

HI! Is it possible to create recurring cards a this moment? Thanks!

Hello! I just started using Kanban for some task management and had a quick question. @mgmeyers is there any way to assign persistent sorting rules to kanban lanes? For example, my ā€œtodoā€ lane is always sorted by date, even when adding new cards. Thanks again for your contribution to this community :slight_smile:

Could you please tell me the name of the plugin that keeps the h1 on the page in sync with the file name? I have the same problem but donā€™t know which plugin to disable

This one?

@mgmeyers Just installed the Kanban Plugin (working in Obsidian on the iPad) and the submit butten doesnā€™t seem to workā€¦ For renaming a List i can simply click the x and the name is applied, but when i try to add a new task, nothing happens, when i click submit. Also both enter and shift+enter are adding a new line and are not creating the task. Can someone help me with that?

did you solve this?
I have a trick: you just set a new hotkeys for ā€œKanban: Toggle between Kanban and md modeā€ (I used ctrl+k) so you can easily switch from kanban to md. Also works if you need to edit the datafields of the kanban file itself (I tag the kanban files) or just to refresh it.

Hey, do you know a way to filter down my kanban board based on tags? I have looked eveywhere in osbidian / google but I havenā€™t found anything suitable so far. Am I missing something or this just not possible? Thanks!

@gregcha

hi,

I just added a couple of tags #-t1- and #-t2- to a kanban Iā€™ve been experimenting with ā€¦
Google Photos
Markdown ā€¦
Google Photos
kanban_by_tag_query [thanks to Craig]

```query
path:ā€œ2 do/kanbansā€
block:(#-t1-)
```

Google Photos
kanban_by_tag_result
Google Photos
Itā€™s more of a search result than a filter as it doesnā€™t give you the result within the existing Kanban display.

Perhaps using Kanbanā€™s ā€œDisplay tag colorsā€ might achieve better tag visibility within the Kanban structure:
Google Photos

Hi @ichmoimeyo! Thanks for the reply and the suggested solution.
Youā€™re nailed it ā€œItā€™s more of a search result than a filter as it doesnā€™t give you the result within the existing Kanban displayā€ but itā€™s clearly better than nothing.

I have already implemented tags colors and it looks great (I suggest you use the ā€œColorful Tagā€ plugin so that tags color are available everywhere in obsidian, not just in your kanban board). I would just like to see a little dropdown at the top of my board so I can filter on one or many tags (OR operator would be more than enough) allowing me to zoom on that specific project(s) (=tags).

Something like that would be amazing

Iā€™m trying to build to corresponding by myself (using chatGPT as the assistant), Iā€™ll share things if I manage to build something that works! Cheers

Nirvana ā€¦
Google Photos
from Effective ways to filter your Trello board
+
free trello plan
+

+
ā€¦ doing it all from within Obsidian

Iā€™ll try and implement this soon ā€¦ unless you get there first :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Quick suggestion: It would be nice to have an option in the context menu for each list to ā€œArchive cards without notesā€. I like my cards where Iā€™ve added notes to remain in my ā€œDoneā€ lists but the simple cards without notes I donā€™t really care to keep around.

Is there a way to auto-populate a list with embedded checkboxes? I explain better: as in Checklist plugin, which shows a list of all the (unchecked) checkboxes that are under the tag #todo in the entire Vault, I would like to autopopulate a specific list of all the checkboxes that are under a specific tag. Why? Because at every meeting, in the meetingā€™s note, I create a list of things I have to do. I would like to automatically find them in my Kanban board (embedded, so if I check them in the board, they will be checked also in the original note). Is there a way to do this?

@Mortacci Here is a generic version of my myK.md ā€¦

---

kanban-plugin: basic

---

## DO

- [ ] DO_Priority1 #-01-(colored tag)
- [ ] DO_P2 #-02-
- [ ] DO_P3 #-03-
- [ ] DO_P4 #-04-
- [ ] [DAILY](obsidian://advanced-uri?vault=YourVaultNAME&daily=true)
- [ ] [tasks](../tasks/tasks.md)
- [ ] ```tasks<br>not done<br>sort by due<br>```

## WHEN?

- [ ] Procrastinator's Dream
- [ ] ĀæĀæ

## D_after_T

- [ ] EMAIl_P2 #-02-
- [ ] Āæ?
- [ ] [tasks_D_after_T](../tasks/tasks_D_after_T.md)
- [ ] ```tasks<br>not done <br>due after tomorrow <br>sort by due<br> ```

## TOMORROW

- [ ] BUY_P1 #-01-
- [ ] Āæ?
- [ ] [tasks_TOMORROW](../tasks/tasks_TOMORROW.md)
- [ ] ```tasks<br>not done <br>due tomorrow <br> ```

## TODAY

- [ ] RUN #-01-
- [ ] Āæ?
- [ ] [tasks_TODAY](../tasks/tasks_TODAY.md)
- [ ] ```tasks<br>not done<br>due today<br> ```

## DONE

EXPLANATION:

I)
- [ ] [DAILY](obsidian://advanced-uri?vault=YourVaultNAME&daily=true)

opens up todayā€™s daily note with the help of the Advanced URI plugin.

II)

- [ ] [tasks](../tasks/tasks.md)
- [ ] ```tasks<br>not done<br>sort by due<br>```

tasks.md consists of

```tasks
not done
sort by due
```
[myK](../kanbans/myK.md)
[ACT](../ACT.md) 
[DAILY](obsidian://advanced-uri?vault=O_ichmoimeyo&daily=true)

ACT.md is a markmind/markdown note I can toggle with Alt+M.

[ ] ```tasks<br>not done<br>sort by due
````
this lists my ā€˜not doneā€™ tasksā€™ sorted by due

This is purely VISUAL, clicking on it causes an error; however this way I can see my tasks and to change them, all I have to do is click on the tasks.md in the card just above & reverting back to the myK.md the ā€œvisualā€ tasks list will also have been updated.

I do the same with ā€¦

tasks_D_after_T.md (tasks due after tomorrow)
tasks_TOMORROW.md
tasks_TODAY.md

Itā€™s a little awkward but it works for me.

1 Like

Thanks! Unfortunately I need to have every single checkbox embedded in a different kanban card, because then I need to manually move them to other lists depending on their urgency