Kanban Plugin

Any suggestions on CSS required to strikethrough completed/checked todos in Kanban board view?

Not referring to nested todos in the Kanban format - [ ] - [ ] but normal cards/todos where there is no checkbox displayed. I check them off when the board is viewed in markdown mode but of course there’s no visual cue they’ve been completed in board view.

Try:
div.is-complete{text-decoration:line-through;}

I’d likewise appreciate CSS suggestions on how to make the text in a kanban card wrap around that checkbox instead of indenting beneath it.

Rgds - Jerome

1 Like

Answering my own inquiry, it’s something like:

div[class="kanban-plugin__item-prefix-button-wrapper"]{width: 0px;}
div[class="kanban-plugin__item-title"] p {text-indent: 25px;}
div[class="kanban-plugin__item-title"] p ~ p  {text-indent: 0px;}

This CSS will squeeze the checkbox wrapper while displaying the checkbox itself full size. And it’ll indent the card’s first paragraph to make room. If you use headers or list items atop your cards, indent on those elements instead (or alongside).

We can tie a card fold/unfold capability to the checkbox:

div.is-complete div[class*='preview'] {max-height: 46px !important; 
overflow: hidden; background-color: #aa9 !important;}

I’ve been folding/unfolding via an AutoHotkey tag toggle for months, but now a compact checkbox toggle is much more appealing.

Cheers - Jerome

hello, how to fix duplicate tag in card

Go-to board (or plugin) Kanban settings - choose ‘Hide tags in card titles’ (with the text), or ‘Hide card display tags’ (below the card)

2 Likes

Cross posting

1 Like

It not working. :frowning:

i am looking for a css for changing the size of cards (zoom) of kanbans, is there a way to do that?

Try this snippet
body .kanban-plugin__markdown-preview-view { zoom: 150% }

2 Likes

Hi, i have somehow toggled off the kanban view for a note on my mobile but the plugin is still enabled, any ideas what I did / how to toggle back? Also, in the same vein, is there a way to quickly toggle kanban view off on desktop?
thanks

Nevermind, found the open as markdown in the file settings menu :slight_smile:

Is it possible to change the metadata fields text size using css?

Does anyone know why my notes don’t update when I move between lanes? Is it because I am using icons in my lane titles?

Yes, you can use css like the following:

.kanban-plugin__meta-value {
    font-size: var(--font-text-size);
    color: red;
}

This example sets the font size to the normal UI font size, and also sets the color to red.

1 Like

I guess you have cards that link to other pages? Changing the lane of the card only affects the card itself; it doesn’t have any effect on the source page.

Oh, I see thanks

It’s very sad that development has been stalled. Imo multiline cards is a game changer. I wanted to use kanban to track my projects but almost any task has a description that should be hidden by default and storing every description as a separate note linked with corresponding card is not an option. Without this feature such plugin is nothing but a nice visualization because plain Markdown is more powerful.

1 Like

Well, you just said the quiet part out loud. I was concerned about this as well, as Matthew has been working on a change of career. But he updated his Git yesterday, with a revised roadmap, including fixes and enhancements coded but not yet released.

I know that plaudits don’t pay the bills, and that life objectives come first, but Matthew’s Kanban implementation has been a real boon in capturing and organizing facts and ideas. Atop Obsidian’s great foundation, of course. Much appreciation here!!

12 Likes

Sometimes I just want to bulk-add some new tasks while typing up some notes. Is there any way to quick-add a new card while not being inside the kanban board?

You can quick-add with Quickadd. :wink:

1 Like