iOS widget for rapidly adding files

Hi!

I’m wondering if there is any widget out there for iOS to enable quickly adding new items. I use Google Keep today and am able to quickly add new items like photos, audios, lists and notes from the home screen. This is quite nice when I want to record something while on the go.

I installed the obsidian app and noticed that it doesn’t come with any widget but maybe there is a third party solution or something that can be used?

2 Likes

I don’t think so I’m afraid.
I tried using the Shortcuts app on iPad to do this, it will let you open Obsidian with the Shortcut but not do anything further; I was hoping for the option to run a keyboard command, e.g. the one to open a new note, but there’s no option to do this. If there was then at least you could open a new note in Obsidian with one click.

Edited: Thankfully I was wrong! See below.

1 Like

That’s very unfortunate. It might seem like a small thing but I guess I’d like the flow from idea to written down to be as fast as possible so that I can let go of that idea and focus on the task at hand.

There are lots of options for this, actually.

E.g.:

iOS Shortcuts - Share your ideas!

Quick Capture (mac/iOS) and Inbox Processing

2 Likes

Check out the fleeting notes app. https://fleetingnotes.app/ Create notes in the app. Import later into Obsidian. Set links in the app later after import into Obsidian.

I can add that what I ended up settling for is using daily notes to add tasks and what not. Afterwards I use dataview to pull together all my todos into one list.

In case you missed it, the Lumberjack plugin makes doing that workflow from your homescreen much easier:

obsidian://show-plugin?id=lumberjack-obsidian

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.