Introduction to Dataview @SkepticMystic - Community Talk

This talk happened on 2021-04-10.

Relevant Links:

8 Likes

@SkepticMystic Hey, did I miss this?

Regards the Dataplugin talk: “this talk will be held on April 10, 2021 4:00 PM (2021-04-10T16:00:00Z+2)”

Where are talks announced?

1 Like

Hey henrikfalk! The talk has happened already, yes. You can find the recordings of the live session on the Obsidian Community Talks YouTube channel, and here are the links to the Dataview recording, specifically:

• Part 1: Metadata and Basic-to-Intermediate Dataview
  • Part 2: More advanced Dataview stuff

And the slides can be found in this public Google Drive folder.

The talks are announced on the Obsidian Discord Server. You can go to the #Announcements channel and react to this post (image attached) to get the @Community Talks role and be notified of any talks in future :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

@SkepticMystic Thanks :slight_smile:
I will do that right away (Get the @CommunityTalks role).
This is a very informative reply! Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much for a brilliant talk which really helped me. But I could not find the slides in the Google Drive linked from discord.com (only a css file). Could you please share them here?

Hey Edward! Thanks for letting me know. Not sure what happened, but I think it should work now. Will you let me know if you can download them?

Thanks so much, it’s there now. Really appreciate you sharing all your knowledge and work like this!

1 Like

Also: where is the best place to ask specific questions about Dataview?

I created this forum post for people to showcase their Dataview snippets, but its also used for questions :slight_smile: The #Plugins channel on the Discord is also a good place.

2 Likes

@SkepticMystic - a huge thanks for the fantastic presentation - super easy to follow and understand. I’m looking to rip and replace Notion as my task management system and this changes everything!

2 Likes

These were exactly my thoughts too re Notion. Many thanks to @SkepticMystic, the presentation was great, everything was so clearly explained.

So much has changed with dataview since these videos, it is even more well suited for task management these days :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I know, it’s just snowballed! I try keeping track of new discoveries with it in Discord but it moves fast sometimes :smiley: Think we’re going to need an updated talk at some point, which just covers the changes, as a follow on from the previous one (hint hint!)

2 Likes