Infinite scroll for search results

Use case or problem

I would like to be able to view the search results in Obsidian as an “infinite scroll” feature, where each note’s contents is appended onto the previous.

I have a bunch of “someday/maybe” outcomes I want to review each week, and I would love to be able to scan through them by simply scrolling all the way down the list.

I imagine it would be useful for other scenarios too, like reviewing your knowledge on any given particular topic for idea generation.

Proposed solution

There would be a button on the left sidebar to open an infinite scroll panel on the right hand side of the screen, based on the current search results.

I imagine this panel would have each note separated by a small amount of horizontal space, the note contents being loaded some time before you scroll to them.

Going into edit mode would allow you to edit any of these notes in the panel, as well as preview mode showing all of the notes in preview.

Ideally, links in this infinite feed wouldn’t scroll upwards or downwards, it would just open the note regularly either in the same pane or in a new tab. This is so you don’t lose your scroll position.

Current workaround (optional)

Clicking manually into each note to read its contents, or else attempting to review notes while just looking at their titles.

Related feature requests (optional)

1 Like