iCalSync: Sync iCalendar with your notes

Hi guys! I recently started developing iCalSync, a plugin that tries to recognize potential events in your notes in order to sync them with iCalendar

Here’s the repository: GitHub - Vaccarini-Lorenzo/iCalObsidianSync

A lot of things need a sensible degree of improvement but I’d love to get some feedback and if you’re interested in contributing please let me know!
Currently the major problems are:

• iCloud doesn’t support OAuth and the user needs to provide his iCloud credentials: If anyone has any better option I’m more than happy to check it out.
  • All the requests need to go through a CORS proxy. At the moment the default proxy is a free instance deployed on Render (the server code is provided in the repository) and it’s possible to set a local/personal proxy in the plugin settings (just make sure that the deployed code is compliant with the one provided here)
  • The NLP module can still be improved greatly

Thanks for your time and attention!
Lorenzo

4 Likes

Bump!

Currently in development phase:

• The CORS proxy will soon be replaced thanks to the requestUrl function from the Obsidian APIs
  • A new feature: Inline event view

viewCalDemo

The Inline event view is still a draft and if you have any suggestion I’ll be more than happy to hear you out.
Thanks for your attention!

Lorenzo

This looks phenomenal and is something I’ve been looking for for a long time. Sweet!

1 Like

Bump

Release v.1.1.0 is out!
The CORS proxy is now not needed anymore and the NLP module is capable of detecting event-related attributes and purposes.
Have fun and let me know if you find any weird/funny bug!

Lorenzo

Bump

Release v.1.1.3 is out!
Hello there! The inline event view beta is now available!
Just insert a code block and write
<ical> from: your_start_date to: your_end_date
to embed events in the selected time range in your notes.

Currently in development phase:

• Inline event view features to interact directly with events (modify/delete them)
  • Google calendar integration: Major refactor to include multiple calendars

Lorenzo

Hello!
The project has been subject to a big refactor and now supports other calendars as well!
You can find everything here.
Lorenzo

1 Like