I hope that the official can come up with a CSS specification to help novices use it quickly

I hope that the official can come up with a CSS specification to help novices use it quickly

1 Like

You need to explain better what you mean with this. Who is “the official”? And the CSS specification exists already.

I guess what we need and what you probably want is this:

1. An “official” documentation of the plugin API and CSS classes used by Obsidian
  2. Tutorials for novices to write plugins and themes for Obsidian

While 1. can only be done by the developers, I think 2. should be done by the community, so that the developers have more time for their real work.

But don’t expect that modifying plugins and themes is something that can ever be easily done by a real “novice” without any efforts. You will need some basic knowledge of JavaScript and CSS and some effort do that, this cannot be avoided. Luckily, you don’t need to do that as an ordinary user, since there are already many built-in and external plugins and themes to choose from.

@Fanshu we usually recommend using the feature request template to better understand the problem you’re trying to solve. I’m moving this to #resolved-help based on the existing answer, and the following recommendations (which should show up after a quick search in the forum):

https://forum.obsidian.md/t/meta-post-common-css-hacks

Feel free to add other questions in one of the existing CSS threads, or a new #help thread. If there is a need for an “official” CSS guide, please open a new Feature requests using the template so we can better understand what is needed.

2 Likes