I don't like Obsidian app icon. Am I alone?

I love the concept/direction - crystalizing thoughts/obsidian stone, but I admit the shape feels a bit narrow to me, and thus looks awkward next to all the other app icons on my mac.

I certainly don’t think a re-do is warranted, but I’d be in support or a refinement with a bit of a different crystal structure…

The icon file is 512px. Out of curiosity I looked up online vector makers and it worked sort of okay. One didn’t quite capture the different colors, another smoothed the edges to look more illustrated. It would be for personal use only but maybe you could play with your own vector version?

I really like the icon. I find it elegant!

As a linux user with a Window Manager I don’t ever see the icons of apps haha, I guess Mac users are more concerns about these things, but even in a Mac I think Obsidian looks great!

For Christmas, my daughter took matters into her own hands, and now I’m the proud owner of a one-off custom black Obsidian T-shirt!

11 Likes

The app icon represents the name obsidian naturally.

That’s a nice looking shirt MashaAllah, fits perfectly! Now I’m Jealous.

1 Like

I’m sure the devs do not want the hassle of selling t-shirts but I do think it a way to support them. I would appreciate any ideas on getting my own Obsidian t-shirt!

2 Likes

This one is good: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ADJG8nI62HManI8&cid=48845BA20A77806F&id=48845BA20A77806F!78708&parId=48845BA20A77806F!106&o=OneUp

I love the icon!

Lin/Mac/Win/iOS

I’m still waiting for @Silver to start selling T-shrirts…

4 Likes

You already have one though! :smiley:

2 Likes

I :purple_heart: the icon.

1 Like

Right you are… But what if I finally decide to take it off and wash it? What then??? :wink:

1 Like

Many podcasts and indie devs I love sell merch (shirts, pins, mugs, etc.) on Cotton Bureau. I for one would definitely buy Obsidian merch on day one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation! How’s the quality if you’ve tried?

1 Like

I have and as a customer I’m quite satisfied with their product quality.

1 Like

I like the icon very much. :v:

i like the obsidian logo, but on my iphone the app icon has a white background. i just think it would be way cooler with a black background.

1 Like

You could download the SVG version of this icon (which I’m pretty confident is its origin), which should be a vector image. Squish it vertically by about 33% and adjust the color and you’re in business!