Huge heading font sizes in 0.13.27

Not sure if this is an issue with Obsidian or the themes, but since 0.13.27 switching between edit & reading modes changes the font size of headings significantly (like 3-fold). I’ve experienced this with the Obsidian Nord and Obsidian grivbox themes, see screenshot:

Other themes are also affected, but the font size increase is not as exaggerated, usually just 5-10%.

Happy to report this to the theme authors if it’s their CSS failing, just wanted to make sure. This was not happening in v0.13.26.

Expected result

Font size should remain consistent across modes.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v0.13.27
	Installer version: v0.13.19
	Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 20.6.0: Wed Jan 12 22:22:45 PST 2022; root:xnu-7195.141.19~2/RELEASE_ARM64_T8101 20.6.0
	Login status: logged in
	Catalyst license: insider
	Insider build toggle: on
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: dark
	Community theme: Obsidian Nord
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Safe mode: on

Post a screen recording of this happening in the help vault.

I suggest you open the issue to the theme developers directly.

https://forum.obsidian.md/t/obsidian-release-v0-13-27-insider-build/33223

Heading sizing has been re-done - we moved them from the inner text to the outer line container. I have tried adding some CSS overrides to avoid old themes from screwing it up, but some themes set them differently (or probably with a !important) which overrides our overrides.

They can now be configured with --h1, etc which should make it a lot easier to style. Please report these issues to the theme developer though.

1 Like

Personally I find that the default theme has become too big too.

Thank you so much for the replies!

For anybody else tracking this, I’ve posted a GitHub issue for Eric Davis, the author of both the Obsidian Nord and Obsidian gruvbox themes.

1 Like