How to make the url link shorter in edit mode?

I already checked these two links. Not worked.

I already install the plugin CodeMIrror options and add the css snippet with content(As the video said)

/*Source: https://santiyounger.com/obsidian-shorter-links/*/

div:not(.CodeMirror-activeline) > .CodeMirror-line .cm-string.cm-url:not(.cm-formatting) {
    font-size: 0;
}
div:not(.CodeMirror-activeline) > .CodeMirror-line .cm-string.cm-url:not(.cm- formatting)::after {
    content: '»';
    font-size: 1rem;
}

But My url link not changed. How to fix it?

How can you edit something without seeing it?

Use Live Preview instead:

I use preview mode now. But I still dont want to see the entire long url when edit this line, I dont need to edit the url usually. In the videe you can see there is a button to collapse the url. I want something like it.

Change your theme.

how to change it ? I follow the step in a Youtube video but not work.

others may need few info before they can assist you. let us know the following

• are you using obsidian v1.0.3? if not, best to update. current version has the “shorter” link by default already. go to Settings > About and note the Current Version and Installer Version
  • which community theme you’re using? or is it default theme? it could be an old theme still makes the url long

here’s how external url inside the recent obsidian (v1.0.3) with default theme looks like

shortened, in edit mode

expanded (by putting cursor inside the text), in edit mode

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.