How to link Scenes to Chapter so a change to either changes the other?

What I’m trying to do

I have just started using Obsidian for a novel using the Longform plugin. The Vault is divided into Manuscript/Chapters and Scenes. Chapter One has three scenes. I can link [[Scene-1]] with Chapter One which will take me to the Scene 1 Note in the Scenes folder. However I cannot see the contents of Scene 1 in Chapter One unless I embed it with ![[Scene-1]]. Changes to Scene-1 in the Scene folder will appear in the embed but I cannot make changes to the embed in the Chapter One [[Scene-1]]

What I would like to achieve is a link, symbolic or otherwise, that means a change to Scene-1 not only appears in the Scene Note and the embed but also the other way around, i.e. they are always synced.

Is this possible?

Things I have tried

internal-links, embed

You might look at the Hover Editor community plugin.

1 Like

Thanks, @CawlinTeffid that will do me until a plugin that more closely fits my need comes along. Since I made my post I have discovered there are many Feature Requests for the sort of mirroring I am after.

OK! If you see any posts in the Feature Request category that are essentially the same, let me know and I’ll merge them.

Hi @CawlinTeffid , the thread I was thinking of is this one. However, I am new to Obsidian so I may have misunderstood the differences between the Hover Editor and what is proposed in the above thread.

Oh, I see — you meant many people had requested it, not that there were multiple request threads (we merge duplicate requests into single threads to make them easier to track and discuss).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.