How to always start at the bottom of a note OR remember the cursor position on startup?

Things I have tried

I have tried Remember cursor position and remember file state but they don’t persists on startup. Remember cursor position, in theory, is what I want. But it doesn’t persist if I close obsidian and reopen it UNLESS I close all my tabs first.

What I’m trying to do

I have two files about 10,000 lines long that I need to open every day and add a little bit of text to. I have been using VScode which handles it beautifully, but I’d rather use Obsidian.

How can I get Obsidian to open the tabs I had in a previous session AND have it go back to the last cursor position for each?. I can get it to do one or the other, but not both. It seems like obsidian loads the tabs before the plugin is able to do its thing. I think.

I am new to Obsidian so I’m not all that knowledgeable yet… sorry if this is super simple. I did not see a solution for it previously.

This may be seen as a workaround more than a solution, but the QuickAdd plugin gives a number of config options that may be useful here (Write to bottom of file, Insert after, and Insert at end of section, for example). You could set a hot key that would let you quickly add the text and then open that file.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.