How do I import a locally saved OneNote notebook?

First, search the help docs and this forum. Maybe your question has been answered! The debugging steps can help, too. Still stuck? Delete this line and proceed.

What I’m trying to do

I have several locally hosted OneNote notebooks that I would like to import into Obsidian. Unfortunately, the importer only wants to import notebooks hosted by Microsoft (OneDrive). How can I import these notebooks without uploading them to OneDrive?

Things I have tried

I have tried searching the internet for answers, as well as this forum and haven’t found anything relevant.

I’m looking for a similar solution for the exact same problem.
I don’t want to push my files to Microsoft. Currently I’m storing them only locally.

It would be great if anybody knows a solution for that…

Ok, after some search I found a solution.

1. GitHub - theohbrothers/ConvertOneNote2MarkDown: Ready to make the step to Markdown and saying farewell to your OneNote, EverNote or whatever proprietary note taking tool you are using? Nothing beats clear text, right? Read on!
  2. GitHub - alxnbl/onenote-md-exporter: ConsoleApp to export OneNote notebooks to Markdown formats

More details in this post.

I’ve tried the second tool and it worked quite well.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.