How can you change font size in pinned sidebars in 0.16?

Things I have tried

• Going into Settings and increasing the Font Size setting in the “Appearance” section.
  • Turning on the “Quick font size adjustment” setting, clicking on a sidebar note to focus on it, and using the trackpad’s pinch-zoom gesture.
  • Making sure I had theme-changes disabled, and used the default theme, just in case that was blocking font size changes somehow.

While the font size of notes in the centre panes does increase, the font size of notes pinned to the left or right sidebar does not.

What I’m trying to do

I installed the latest 0.16 build with the default theme, and absolutely love it except for one thing: my pinned sidebar notes are in a smaller font and very hard to read. I’d like to increase them to match my centre pane’s font size, so my older eyes can read them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

• Erik.

There was a similar thread at UI font in 0.16.0 is too small but this was closed, per the poster’s own hack workaround.

To me, this reflects my view that the sidebar font size in Minimal was always too small (IMHO).

1 Like

Using the following two threads, I was able to change font size for the folders pane and the outline pane. The CSS in the first thread is specific to the folders pane. The second thread explains how to open the Web Inspector to find the CSS class for the specific pane that you want to change font size for.

If you’re not familiar with the Web Inspector, once it’s open, choose the cursor icon (far left) and then hover over the element that you want the CSS class for. The class will be highlighted in the Inspector. Use that class in your CSS file.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.