Graph View presets to save and load filters & display settings

+1 to this, it was so nice to discover that i could color-code my graph by queries, and was really disappointing to see that those settings couldn’t be saved. Saved graph groups, please!

4 Likes

Yes this is the missing Killer feature. I would look at Notion’s View feature on their Tables for inspiration. Extremely useful!

2 Likes

I need to save different graph presets too :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Seeing this request from a year ago made me hopeful this exists already. Scrolling all the way down showed me this wasn’t the case.
Adding +1 - please add graph filter/color presets. Also, maybe a way to embed these in a link.

12 Likes

+1 Very important feature since workspaces don’t save graph filtering settings (see here).

1 Like

one approach to do this is to make a file type graph and then it can be toggled between graph view and editing view.

The graph view read the yaml code in the file and generate the filter.

example:

---
type: graph 
---

filters: 
  tags: 
  groups: 
11 Likes

+1 It would be so helpful for filtering and also coloring in different tags (e.g. progress vs. topic)

+1 People who use the graph view for exploration and inspiration likely hop between different views to include or exclude items to make the experience fruitful. This could be achieved a number of ways. A simple way could just be a drop-down menu in the graph view with presets. This was also a terrifc idea and in keeping with the Obsidian philosophy of using notes as the core medium of the system.

+1 for this; it would be very helpful!

+1 I think that the graph view is a great idea but needs some more features like this to be truly useful

1 Like

+1 This would be great

1 Like

+1 Looking forward!

1 Like

+1 for this; it would be very helpful!

1 Like

+1 great idea

Really hope this can be done, either as a plugin or natively.

Not sure this idea needs more support, but here’s my +1. I also support the idea in this post. Being able to keep project-specific graph views would be very useful.

+1 as well.
After spending a good chunk of time getting the graph “settings” the way I want, having to manually transcribe them and manually restore later is a huge pain.

+1

I’d even settle for adding a tab in Starred, so long as we can set the name of the starred row.

I’m outlining a method of representing Nmap/Nessus scans using Obsidian and color grouping is critical. Currently, grouping has to be reset each time a local graph pane is opened.

And another +1 from my side. Would be very helpful to leverage the Graph View‘s power.

+1

Anyway, I am yet another person who is really needing increased functionality with Graph View. I tried going to GitHub, where the developers who do these plugins and such live. But trying to get anywhere over there is frustrating, they’re UI is confusing and pretty non-functional if you aren’t ‘in-the-know’.
Not sure the Developers ever come here. Seems like they probably don’t? Hence the reason this hasn’t been done after almost 2 years… :frowning_face: