Golden Topaz - theme of sublime?

obsidian-Golden-Topaz-theme

This is a theme designed to create a more inspiring, transcendent and sublime environment for reading, thinking and writing in Obsidian.

The theme started out as a set of snippets on top of the Blue Topaz as soon as I realized WhyI’s Blue Topaz does all the features I was ever trying to do in my DIY snippets and got the job done in a much nicer way. I have worked to collect colours from photos, websites as inspirations to make it more aesthetically appealing. I hope the Golden Topaz calms and reassures your emotional energies the way it did to me and my friends.

If you like a cuter and more adorable theme, check out my Pink Topaz. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Download

Golden Topaz theme for Obsidian

You can find this theme in the Obsidian’s community themes browser under Settings > Appearance > Themes.

Change log

• 2021-06-08
    • Changed the colour of bolded words to a brighter one in light theme.
  • 2021-06-07
    • Improved colour for markdown highlight syntax.
  • 2021-06-01
    • Improved colour scheme for dataview and code block.
  • 2021-05-28
    • Improved highlight colours for tables. Now Users can read highlights on tables better.
  • 2021-05-25
    • Improved all 13 core coding syntax colours
    • Improved some tag colours
  • 2021-05-24
    • Added 20 major coding languages syntax highlighting colours.
  • 2021-05-23
    • Improved graph hover effects.
    • Improved outline hover effects
  • 2021-05-20
    • Added even more sublime graph view colours.
    • Now pictures, tables and videos will be in the middle of the page, no longer on the left side.
    • Added even more sublime graph view colours.
    • changed colours for focus mode when typing in edit mode
    • text alignment and be adjusted by: Syntax: start | end | left | right | center | justify | match-parent
  • 2021-05-19
    • changed colours for indent-lines for better reading experience.
  • 2021-05-18
    • added better colours for day planner timeline view when one day
      has more than 10 tasks.

Screenshots

Colours support all charts and tables and blocks and tags etc from core and plug-ins. Interactive hover for outlines and charts etc all have hand-picked colours

Wherever you edit, a highlighted field will help you focus

Quotes and embeddings

Hand picked colours for code and syntax

Light mode has all the features, just cleaner

PS: Please let me know if I’m not crazy and this theme does add gold bricks in the mind palace. :joy:

7 Likes

This is nice! You should add it to the Community Themes.

1 Like

Glad you like it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I just updated the theme again.

1 Like

I thought if Licat likes it, it will transcend to the Community Themes automatically :joy: I have no clue about how it works.

Nope, you make a PR here with the data:

Just edit this file:

Follow the pattern of the other themes there.

1 Like

Thank you. This is very helpful.

1 Like

Do you mind if I ask about how to create the hybrid screenshot that every light/dark theme has?

Not sure on that! Sorry.

1 Like

NP, I gonna google it

First of all thanks a lot for this beautiful theme. I am using the light version of it and it is amazing for the hours I spend writing on it !

I got a couple of questions, on my calendar pane I do see everything perfectly (dots etc) but the current day is not highlighted. Is there a way to add some kind of a dark highlight on that day so at a glance to know what is the date today?

My last question is about the Front Matter, I am suing the <% %> tags of the Templater plugin to create templates and I have added some of that on the front matter but anything that is written within the < > is using too bright of a color on the font so its actually invisible. I have to go to preview mode to see what is being written . Is there a way to change that font color to a darker one?

Thanks in advance and again a huge thank you for bringing this awesome theme to us!

I just found out that I can turn off the syntax highlighting on the Templater, so problem no 2 was solved!

I will update and fix bugs soon, maybe within 2 weeks. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

@Mouth This is a bit unrelated to the theme itself (which looks pretty great btw), I saw the mermaid type of flowchart in the screenshot for the theme: link. I have been trying to create flowcharts like this with text without background, angled arrows etc but I have not been able to get it done in mermaid. I thought this was not even possible with it. Can you help me understand how you generated this flowchart? It would be super helpful!

Can you direct me to the correct .css elements to change so I can remove the large braces between bullets and the text that follows them? Otherwise, I’m sold!

1 Like

@vzman Did you ever find the elements? I wanted to remove those as well.

1 Like

Hi, could you please share the font you used in the description?