Fun with AHK

You need to install AHK then follow this instruction to create new script.
Then after you activate the script, you press ctrl+shift+V to paste the text with formatting removed.

Thanks for your quick reply. I’m familiar with the basics of AHK, though that info is definitely useful to a new user.
What I didn’t realize is that the script executes upon pasting, rather than after. Haha.

Still, the solution I’m looking for is to retain the formatting (i.e. If I have made a numbered list, I want those numbers to stay), but simply to remove the extra lines. I tried removing everything in your script except the second part (; Remove all blank lines from text…), but that didn’t work for me.

I guess I am still a noob when it comes to AHK, so could you help me refine the code a bit to work with what I need? Or could you give me some pointers?

Actually I don’t know much about coding
It took a while for me to google this script.
I made a small revision to delete single empty line:

^!Space::
	clipboard =
	Send, ^a
	Send, ^c
	ClipWait
	ClipBoard := RegExReplace(ClipBoard, "\R(?=\R{1,})") ;
	sleep 100
	Send, ^v
	return

Hope it help you.

Hi Guys,
I wanted to create a little AHK macro for myself, but I have a problem with the basic functionality - it seems I cannot copy selected text / paste to Obsidian.

The functionality I am after, which works OK in Notepad++ is here (select text and make it a link)

In obsidian, nothing happens - when inspecting, turns out that I cannot even copy or paste to Obsidian using AHK (yes, in Edit mode:) ). Regular copy/paste works OK.

The script I have is this

!+q::
Link := clipboard
Send, ^c
Description := clipboard
clipboard = %Description%
Send ^v
clipboard = %Link% ;restore
SoundBeep 100,400
return

There are problems with copy pasting with ahk I don’t know why it is that way. I use this code to make sure copying happen:

Clipboard := ""
Loop, {
    		SendInput, ^c
    		ClipWait, 0.5
    		If (ErrorLevel = 0)
        		Break
		}

Also , It’s kinda redundant. It plugin just does that:

1 Like

Hi,

I’m a really newbie in AHK and I need some help to active 2 hostrings for my dqily note’s template.

I created 2 hotstrings:

“::dd” for the note’s title:
:*:::d:: ;
#IfWinActive ahk_exe Obsidian.exe
FormatTime, CurrentDateTime, dddd dd MMMM yyyy ;
SendInput %CurrentDateTime%
return

And “::a” for the “breadcum trail” (Alfred Snippet for @mitzimbj's Daily Notes Breadcrumb Trail)

:*:::: a:: ;
#IfWinActive ahk_exe Obsidian.exe
yest = %a_now%
yest += -1, days
FormatTime, yest, %yest%, yyyyMMdd
today = %a_now%
today += +1, days
FormatTime, today, %today%, yyyyMMdd
SendInput [[%yest%|Yesterday]] - [[%today%|Tomorrow]]
return

I create a template in my obsidian with these 2 hotstrings for my daily note
Otherwise, when I create the note (with the template) the hotstrings are not been remplaced (I guess because i didn’t “write” them)

How can I fix it?
Thanks

Has anyone got autohotkey code highlighting in obsidian?
In the manual appears this link Prism, but when I use autohotkey it doesn’t work, with js (javascript) it works fine.

Can someone help me to make a script that wraps highlighted text into a tag? Now I have this (found on the web)

!=::WrapClipText("<span style='color:yellow'>", "</span>")
WrapClipText(Left,Right)
{
  ClipSaved := ClipboardAll
  Clipboard =
  send ^c
  Clipboard = %Left%%clipboard%%Right%
  send ^v
  Clipboard := ClipSaved
  ClipSaved = 
}

But I’d like to use this color blocks, so the highlighted text has to be wrapped into:

Screenshot_1

and I can’t get it to work. Any help is welcome, thanks!

I’m not an AHK hero, but I would do it this way:

!=::
ClipSaved := ClipboardAll
Clipboard =
send ^c
clipboard =
(
``````note-brown-background
%clipboard%
``` ```

)
send ^v
Clipboard := ClipSaved
ClipSaved =

Maybe there is a better way, but this works.

Important: in line 9 (under %clipboard%)`, the 6 backticks have to be written without a space in the middle. I had to insert the space because of the editor in this forum.

1 Like

Works like a charm, thanks for helping!

Anyone successful in getting the main notetaking window activated using AHK? The open vault window is the one that’s getting brought up by AHK every time I invoke WinRestore.

; Launch Obsidian Ctrl + Shift + (with consideration to multiple computers)

^+`::

PathToApp = C:\Users%A_UserName%\AppData\Local\Obsidian ; add this workaround because FileExist does not evaluate %A_xxx% variables

Process, Exist, “Obsidian.exe” ; Sets ErrorLevel variable to processID

if(ErrorLevel)

{

if(WinActive("ahk_exe Obsidian.exe"))

{

; WinMinimize, ahk_exe "Obsidian.exe"

WinMinimize, Title, "Obsidian.exe"

}

else

{

;WinActivate, ahk_exe "Obsidian.exe"

;WinRestore, ahk_exe "Obsidian.exe"

WinActivate, ahk_exe "Obsidian.exe"

WinRestore, ahk_exe "Obsidian.exe"

}

}

else

{

if(FileExist(PathToApp))

{

Run "C:\Users\%A_UserName%\AppData\Local\Obsidian\Obsidian.exe"

}

else

{

MsgBox Check if Obsidian is installed.

}

}

return
`

I have a script for activating a specific vault, you can check them out, I am not very good with AHK, I can’t at this point explain anything else.

; This will activate obsidian, if not already open, it will open it & run the command for quick add plugin.
; This is one hotkey which I am able to get to work every time in any location whatsoever
^q::
WinActivate, i) Obsidian
Run “obsidian://advanced-uri?vault=my_vault_name_here&commandname=QuickAdd: Run QuickAdd”
return

; It will activate it & run the command for quick capture to daily notes.
; Whenever Chrome is active, this doesn’t seem to work all the time.
^Capslock::
Send, !o
Send, ^+d
return

; It will activate it & run the command for quick capture to workbench
; Whenever Chrome is active, this doesn’t seem to work all the time.
^!x::
Send, !o
Send, ^+x
return

; This will activate the obsidian window & if not open it will open obsidian & activate it
!o::
WinActivate, i) Obsidian
Run “obsidian://advanced-uri?vault=my_vault_name_here”
return

4 Likes

This is great. Thanks so much @Nihit !

1 Like

I like that this thread exists! I’d like to see more

I made a script to add and substract from a selected YYYY-MM-DD date, but if I keep the key down it can get unstable and break, any idea how to make it more stable? I what should I call at the start of the code to help with that?

#NoEnv                      ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn                     ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
#SingleInstance FORCE       ; Skip invocation dialog box and silently replace previously executing instance of this script.
SendMode Input              ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
FileEncoding , UTF-8

Capslock & =::
send, ^c
InputVar := Clipboard
send % AddADay(InputVar)
sleep 50
send, {ShiftDown}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{ShiftUp}
return

Capslock & -::
send, ^c
InputVar := Clipboard
send % SubADay(InputVar)
sleep 50
send, {ShiftDown}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{left}{ShiftUp}
return

AddADay(startdate)
{
StringSplit, splitdate, startdate, -
ymdhms:=splitdate1 splitdate2 splitdate3 "000000"
EnvAdd, ymdhms, 1, days
FormatTime, newdate, %ymdhms%, yyyy-MM-dd
return newdate
}

SubADay(startdate)
{
StringSplit, splitdate, startdate, -
ymdhms:=splitdate1 splitdate2 splitdate3 "000000"
EnvAdd, ymdhms, -1, days
FormatTime, newdate, %ymdhms%, yyyy-MM-dd
return newdate
}

Do you mean you’d like to trigger the hotkey only once even you press down the button for long?

no i wanted to just hold it down and it keep doing what he supposed to until i stop pressing the key , i was just forgetting to use Clipwait command. now it is working just i described

I made a simple script that opens the current pane in a new window, minimizes the original main window, anchors the new window to the forefront, and resizes it. This might be useful on a PC with a small monitor to take some notes while viewing other windows such as a browser. I’m a novice AHK user so I’m not sure if it’s grammatically correct, but if someone could try to get it to work correctly in your obsidian that would be great.

#IfWinActive ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1
^q::							; hotkey for this script
	WinGetActiveTitle,ObsTitle	
	Send, ^+p					; hotkey for 'Open current pane in new window' (ctrl+shift+p in my case)
	Sleep, 50
	WinActivateBottom,%ObsTitle% ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1
	Sleep, 50
	Send, #{Down}				; hotkey for minimize the active window (Windows) 
	Sleep, 50
	Send, ^+l					; hotkey for 'Toggle window always on top' (ctrl+shift+l in my case)
	WinMove,A,,,,600,800		; size of new pop-out window (x:600,y:800 in this case)
1 Like

How it works

1. Launch Obsidian Search.ahk
  2. Select a vault (with down arrows or the first letter in the vault name)
  3. Tab into the search field and enter search terms
  4. Hit enter to open Obsidian and perform the search
  • Hit ESC to escape out of the search interface.
2 Likes