Footnotes Numbering is not hoisted for multiline footnote entries

For footnote descriptions or entries the number of the footnote is pulled to the last line, where it seems more understandable and appropriate for it to be hoisted to the first line of the entry so as to not confuse. Otherwise it appears that any lines above the last for that entry actually belong to the previous entry. Also, some weird highlighting in the edit mode display, though this isn’t nearly as concerning.

Screenshot attached!

Cheers :slight_smile:

Can you post the source text and can you try the default css?

Hey, it does appear to be the custom CSS I was using in this case. Good call on trying the default CSS.

Faith is born from having grasped preciousness.md.zip|source text attachment (1.7 KB)

To circle back to the comment I made at the end of my last post, which does seem to persist with the default CSS:

Also, some weird highlighting in the edit mode display, though this isn’t nearly as concerning.

You can see that the first word in the [[]] is not highlighted and Obsidian prompts me to add a new page for the second word, as it doesn’t exist.

Thanks for your help and interest! I appreciate it :+1: :pray:

I created a new bug report for this.
https://forum.obsidian.md/t/first-link-in-footnotes-is-not-properly-recognized/3529

1 Like