Folding Embedded/Transcluded Notes

+1

Is there a good mod for this?

A helpful discord user showed me that embedded docs can easily be hidden inside a foldable callout, like so:

[!My Callout]-
![[mydoc.pdf]]

Thanks deezy.

5 Likes

+1 !!!

+1 for this!

I’d love to see all block types become foldable. E.g., i would love it if blockquotes were foldable.

1 Like

+1, please, yes

1 Like

Maybe this is related?
Link: Reading view: Embedded links cant be folded/unfolded

(this is the latest discussion i could find on the topic)

What I want is simplicity: Embedded links in the standard Rendered Editing view should render with a clickable toggle indicator on the left, just as headings do. If collapsed, it would render exactly like [[Embed]] does (i.e. showing the text), and if expanded, it would render as its content like it currently does.

My use case is, I want to write an article and atomize the sections by making them separate files. I would write a section as

### Embed
Section text

This is foldable. But at some point I want this to be a separate note and then use the command to convert to a note and embed a link. This gives me ![[Embed]].
Then I can see the section inline. But I would like to be able to expand/collapse these sections the same as I would #### headings, but it no longer is possible. ### ![[embed]] doesn’t work because the stuff is inlined. So the only way to do this is the very clunky

### Embed
![[Embed]]

If there’s a plugin, to do something linke this, I’m open.

Commentary on previous discussion
I don’t use Reading View much, so zakazak’s link isn’t interesting to me.

redwards’s suggestion for embedded pdf doesn’t seem to do anything for embedded notes.

chrsle suggested some complex thing involving a crease plugin, which clutters the markdown both by requiring outline structures, a description line and a fold marker. I would forgo all that and just use ![[Note#Header]], if that could then be folded.

1 Like

+1, yes please!

2 Likes