Folded headers opening when I use paste text

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a header with information below it.
  2. Fold (collapse the header).
  3. Above the header, use CTRL+V to paste something like “this is a test to see if it will open the headers (let’s see)”.
  4. The collapsed/folded header will open itself after you paste, which shouldn’t happen because I never asked the header to unfold itself.

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Yes, the problem still occurs in sandbox mode or a vanilla vault with no community plugins.

Expected result

I CTRL+V to paste and all it does is paste, without unfolding the header (or collapsed bullet-point) below it.

Actual result

After the text is pasted, the header or bullet-point below it is unfolded for no reason.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.5.8
Installer version: v1.4.16
Operating system: Windows 10 Education 10.0.19045
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: none
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

Sometimes, CTRL+V pastes *don't* open up the collapsed header. It depends on what gets pasted. If I paste "happen:", it does NOT open up the header (which is what I want it to do). If I paste "this is a test to see if it will open the headers (let's see)", it DOES open the header, which I do not want. Here is a video showing the difference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIGU3FeGebo

I collapse the folders for a reason (to hide the contents), and it throws me off when suddenly the entire screen changes out of nowhere to displace where I was looking and fill the otherwise clean display with all of the information I had hidden.

Also, right click → paste does the same thing.

1 Like

I confirm. This was also reported here.

[Tentative Solution]

I seemingly fixed the problem by downgrading Obsidian to a previous version:

• use control panel to uninstall Obsidian
  • Go to %appdata% and remove/delete the Obsidian folder
  • download previous version of Obsidian (I used 1.4.16) and install
  • open previous vault locations

I can’t reproduce in 1.5.11

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.