File recovery does not copy snapshot to clipboard

Things I have tried

to recovery a file with snapshot using recovery plugin.

What I’m trying to do

using file recoverty plugin

snapshot failed to be copied into clipboard. sounds weird but true,
And I also want to know how to access snapshots data in the file system. I’m using Windows 10.

What is the output of the “Show Debug info” command?

There is a callout said file copied to your clipboard. nothing else

Run the Obsidian command “Show Debug info”. And then paste that info into this forum.

I have the same problem as the OP…

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v0.15.8
Installer version: v0.15.8
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 10.0.19043
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Does the console report anything?

To check for errors, first open the developer tools by pressing Ctrl-Shift-I on Windows/Linux or Cmd-Opt-I on macOS, and then go to the “Console” tab. If you want to save the error to a log file, you can right click on the error and choose “Save as…”

Thankyou. I retrieved my text (with code wrapped around every line…) via the console. That will solve my immediate problem.

On the original problem there is no error to save. When I click the Copy to Clipboard I get a popup Copied to clipboard, but it is empty ie nothing pastes into a document. No error message, just nothing.

Well, it appears that nothing can be pasted - no matter the source - either as Paste or Paste as plain text. Having rescued my text via Console and edited it down, I now cannot get it into a document, existing or new.

That the problem appeared to be with Snapshot problem may be a red herring.

If you use some other text-editing program to edit and save the file, does your system allow that? I.e. is it Obsidian specific? Could there be some weird symbol from an internet copy-paste in the original file that is not visible in Obsidian but is causing problems?
Good luck!

CONFIRMED - just lost a file replaced by a load of NULL characters, could see the file in file recovery and COPY TO CLIPBOARD doesn’t work - brings up notification ‘copied to clipboard’ but then it’s NOT in the clipboard, tried pasting to external apps aswell, it’s just not there.