[Feature] Share to new note

Platform

[ ] iOS
[X] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1. 0.3

Searched for this but cant find it.

When using an Android device and coming across something that I’d like to capture in Obsidian, I use Android’s share to feature. Currently there is no way to create a new note.

Available options are:

• Insert into currently open note
  • Choose a file to insert
  • Insert text into daily note
  • Cancel

Proposed solution:
Add another option, “Create new note” potentially capturing any source meta data available from Android.

8 Likes

I like this feature request, but as a workaround I use the markor app on Android.

I can share to Marker and it will add into my obsidian vault.

1 Like

Pick “Choose a file to insert”, then type the name of a file that doesn’t exist. It behaves like the Quick Switcher and lets you create a new note. (Works in 1.05; I don’t know if it did in 1.03). On my phone, typing Enter doesn’t create the note like it should — I had to tap the “Enter to create” text in the menu.

I’m jealous — we can’t share to Obsidian on iOS yet (I tested your question on my old phone).

1 Like

It took me a while to find out that I have to type a new file name including the attachment like New note.md, otherwise only search results display and a new note cannot be created.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.