This tiny plugin extracts all highlights from a current note in Obsidian into your clipboard for further use (Atomic note-creation etc.)
Today I’d love to share it “officially” with you and invite you to take it for a spin.
Super simple, here’s how it works:
- Set up:
Settings -> Third-Party Plugins -> Community Plugins -> "Extract Highlights" -> Install
- Test-drive: Paste a long text into Obsidian and use
==to mark up things that stand out to you
- Extract: Hit
SHIFT-ALT-=to copy the highlights into your clipboard
- Create: Create a new section or note to paste your highlights
I’d love to hear from you how we could improve this idea.
Please share your thoughts either…
- In this thread by commenting
- Via github issues at https://github.com/akaalias/extract-highlights-plugin
- Or via email to alexis dot rondeau at gmail dot com
Speaking of feedback. An issue just came up today about whether the automatic addition of the “## Highlights” should be the default.
What do you think?
- Yes, having “## Highlights” added by default IS useful to me
- No, having “## Highlights” added by default is NOT useful to me