In case this might be useful to anyone, I needed 1. to export my tagged Apple Notes and 2. Create a text list of all my Apple Notes Tag names. Apple Exporter only Exports Notes in Folders. These are pretty simple solutions.
To get the tagged notes out
- Create a new folder in apple notes - called mine “Exported Notes”
- Select the “all tags” tag at the top of the tag list. This displays all tagged notes
- Select all those notes - cmd-a
- Drag and drop all those notes into your new folder
- Now you can now use apple Exporter to get those notes out
To create a text list of all your tags
- Bring up your tags on the left
- Screen shot that list of tags… Press shift-cmd-4, drag and select all the displayed tag names, and save. This will be a png file
- Open the png file in Preview
- Though its an image file, you can now actually select those tag text names (right-click, drag mouse across all the tag names)
- Right-click copy, then past these into a new text file.
Now all your tag names are in a text file