Exclude a specific tag from the graph view

Use case or problem

I tag almost every note with a #note-status/<some status> or #note-type/<some type>. That way I can use the pretty nice tag pane to quickly locate notes of a specific status or type while letting them be located in one folder.
In graph view that causes these tags to be really huge nodes because almost every note is connected to it. This also distorts the graph view (not in a bug-type way but because of these many connections to those few tags).

Proposed solution

What I’d like to do is to exclude specific tags from the graph view. I do not want to filter the files, which have those tags (that is already possible by using -tag:#tag) but I just want to exclude those above-mentioned tags from being viewed. So that I don’t see the many connections and the graph view behaves as if those files would not be tagged by those tags.
And it would differ from disabling ALL the tags because I also have some normal topic tags, like #learning or similar that I do want to see in the graph view.

(I spent quite a bit of time searching most of the graph-view related posts but could not find this kind of request. Sorry, if I had missed it anyways.)

1 Like

+1 for this request.

This feature can help me focus my attention on a specific topic at a time, because sometimes the graph can get overwhelming. There are times when I’d like to exclude certain tags & folders from graph view, since not all of them have the same importance. It also helps to isolate certain topics in order to better understand their connections.

+1 too. I have a templater command in the tag: frontmatter of on of my templates and it leads to every string in the command being counted as a tag. Not really ideal

1 Like