Entries propery field becoming nulled after update

Since the update of the YAML/properties field, some of my front matter becomes bugged when I open a template file.

What happens is the following:

If I insert a template without opening the template file first, everything is fine. I see this:
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-12 at 11.22.43

However, if I open the corresponding template file and then insert the template in a new note again, I see this:
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-12 at 11.20.43

In the notepad .md file, the code is automatically changed from this:

Date: {{date:YY-MM-DD}}
SOR: {{title}}

to this:
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-12 at 11.21.16

This happens every time I open a template file that contains either the properties “Date” or “SOR”.

2 Likes

I have the same problem with all YAML file in template for which today’s date would be inserted when the template is applied to a note.
created: {{date}}
becomes
created:
“{ date }”:
and the property is no longer recognised as a date and it’s content is as above

If I fix it in source mode, it works for a while.
Making sure I switch to source mode before making opening and making hanges to a template temporarily solves the problem, but it is not ideal.

there is a long discussion on Discord Discord

I just want to echo that I and others also have the same issue.

I also have this additional issue, the 2 number from YYYY at the end gets added to the front of DD, so instead of seeing 12-09-2023, it becomes 2012-09-20.

Update to 1.4.12. If you still have issue, open a new bug report and attach screen recording of what exactly you are doing and a copy of the template you are using.

1 Like