Some time ago I got into the situation to quickly set up a functioning project management in the engineering field. I decided to do the whole thing in Obsidian and have not regretted it so far. After gaining some experience I wrote an article outlining the most important lessons learned. I hope it is useful for one or the other!
I’m also interested in your experiences, so feel free to share your techniques and experiences.
Table of contents
- Introduction (you can skip this part)
- Prevent analysis paralysis
Structuring projects in the vault
- Folders vs Tags vs Dataview queries?
- Adding a Landing page
Project blocks and milestones Kanban style
- Using the Projects plugin
- Using the Kanban plugin
- Project notes and metadata
- Meeting notes
- Referring people (and resources)
- Task lists using Dataview
- Checklist items on steroids — the Obsidian Tasks plugin
- Final thoughts