End key is acting weird

Steps to reproduce

1. Make a big wide table. Not sure if neccesary, but that’s where I’m noticing the bug.
  2. Still in edit mode, be somewhere in the table and press End (on the keyboard).

It might be quite important to test this on Windows or Linux, as macOS behaves slightly different with caret navigation keys, doesn’t it.

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y]

I think it’s a bug in the program, not in plugins or my vault or some such.

It’s similar to this bug, which is closed so it may have been fixed in the past, which means this may be a regression or at least share some overlap.

Expected result

The End key should bring the caret to the end of the current line, no matter the context in which you’re editing. No intelligence here please.

As a user, I would like navigation keys to be 100% predictable, which means to follow behaviour of every other text editor. If one editor is suddenly doing something different, it will feel “uncanny”, and it removes one from the flow of typing when the caret does something unexpected.

Actual result

The End key brings the caret to, ehm, somewhere. Almost like it’s skipping over words, like when doing Ctrl+ArrowRight, but it goes a bit further. I can also sometimes get it to alternate between an seemingly-random spot, and the line ending.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v1.4.5
	Installer version: v1.4.5
	Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045
	Login status: not logged in
	Insider build toggle: off
	Live preview: off
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: dark
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0