Embedding Canvas into notes

I am trying to embed a canvas in the notes but it seems it is not embedding it correctly. It shows opaque canvas instead of full canvas and I need to click on that canvas in order to view it. This is misses the whole purpose of embedding the canvas in the notes.
Am I doing something wrong while embedding in canvas?
Syntax

![[MyTest.canvas]]

Do let me know if this behaviour is normal or can fix it by any other config

It’s normal. This is not supported yet. I don’t know if it will be soon.

1 Like

ahh shoot this is so important and cool feature I wish they fix this. Do you know how we can request them to fix this?

I’m sure a Feature Request has been filed for this months ago.

In the meantime, you can take a screenshot of the canvas and embed that above or below the embedded canvas and click into the canvas to edit it.

1 Like

I am having trouble finding a clear feature request. Chances are that there is one that uses different phrasing, causing it to be difficult to find.

Feature requests: Canvas Implementation to notes, Show a preview of the canvas in notes tagging said canvas (similar to images) (titled incorrectly), Render Canvas objects inside Canvas, …

Help topics: Nested canvas not showing content, Option to Embed Canvas in a note

Bug report: Canvas is not rendered correctly when embedded in a note

Thanks.

7 Likes

Which is why I’m usually reluctant to search when search is open to anyone.

I’m not a programmer, but I have a feeling this won’t or can’t be implemented. But I don’t want to jinx it. So fingers crossed.

2 Likes