Canvas is not rendered correctly when embedded in a note

Steps to reproduce

TL; DR: Check out the video: iCloud Drive - Apple iCloud

1. Create a Note. Name the note something like Example Note.md
  2. Create a Canvas, and put a few cards in it. Name the canvas something, eg Sample Canvas.canvas
  3. Embed the canvas in the Example Note.md note using the markdown as
![[Sample Canvas.canvas]]

The Canvas

The Note (in source mode so that we can see the text embedding)

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? Y

It is reproducible in the Sandbox vault, and also reproducible in a new empty vault that I created. The problem persists after restarting the computer. I also couldn’t find an open issue with similar problems.

Expected result

I expect that the canvas will be correctly rendered embedded in the note. When I say “correctly”, I mean that the embedded note should show the text inside the cards.

Actual result

It is embedded incorrectly. Only the outline is shown - the content in the cards is lost.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v1.3.7
	Installer version: v1.3.4
	Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 23.0.0: Tue Aug  1 03:25:23 PDT 2023; root:xnu-10002.0.242.0.6~31/RELEASE_X86_64 23.0.0
	Login status: logged in
	Catalyst license: none
	Insider build toggle: off
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: dark
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
	none

Mismatch between installer and Obsidian versions

I also updated the Installer version to v1.3.7 after noticing the difference here, but the same behavior persists.

Additional information

1. I am currently on a beta version of MacOS Sonoma. That might be the reason behind the issue. In that case, even though this is not a real issue, you folks might want to fix that to prepare for the release.

I will appreciate any suggestions and/or help regarding this. :smiling_face:

1 Like

I think this has been reported at least once or twice already.
This is the intended behaviour, I seem to remember they said. You need to click into it.

If that is the case, I apologize for not searching for a duplicate enough. Can you please share a link to one such Bug Report so that I can merge this one in there, and look to see alternatives suggested by others, if any?

I’m afraid I cannot. But a moderator prolly will.
Cheers

This how it currently works, intentionally. There’s an open FR to do more.

1 Like

Hi @WhiteNoise, thank you for responding. Is this the FR?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.