Efemkay css for Contextual Typography notworking?

Hello,

I am using the Code Snippet downloader and the obsidian-modular-css package by @efemkay. The cssClass: wide-page configuration in the frontmatter works but sadly not the other things mentioned on the associated “tutorial pages” to the aforementioned github repo.

For example multi-column list-grids

It doesn’t seem to take effect to append the mentioned css-classes prefixed by a hashtag.

Could it be that for instance the Contextual Typography plugin isn’t working under Linux correctly or that I don’t have the correct versions of node/npm ?

not sure about linux but as long as you have the latest obsidian installed, it should be working (since obsidian is electron based and electron is chromium base, which works fine in linux – afaik)

first thing first, to use the updated snippets u need to make sure the “Installer version” is at v1.1.9

1. Note that this is different from Obsidian App’s version, which mine is at v1.2.3).
  2. I no longer support Contextual Typography for List Grid because it would prevent me to do “sub” list grid

here’s how it looks like on my end

on that note, i also don’t have npm installed as it’s just css. to reiterate, you just need the right version of obsidian and have the css snippets installed. let me know if you still stuck. u can also ping me at discord

@coreSpotz owh. also, if somehow you’re expecting it to work in Live Preview (LP), you will need a workaround i.e. to wrap it with MCL blank callout (any callout would do, but MCL blank is meant for such thing).

Preview, not released yet

I do plan to make it work better but using LilaRest’s Custom Classes plugin that allow you to render Reading View per block basis in LP. I haven’t release it yet, but i already make it work

1 Like

Thank you for your efforts and great work.

Sadly it also doesn’t work in a > [!blank|no-margin] container. Not even in reading mode.

:frowning:

@coreSpotz What theme are u using? Also can u give example raw markdown that doesn’t work on ur end. I can try to replicate. A screenshot would help me understand further. Sometimes we might miss certain observations.

@coreSpotz Can you let @efemkay know your installer and electron version? You may need to search the install steps for your flavor of Linux. This is really important here to be using the correct installer and electron version.

Hello,
please excuse the delay.

I am using the Obsidian-1.1.16.AppImage under Ubuntu Linux. I just start it and that’s it. It may be available over the package manager snap but I am not sure. What is electron?

All I can find under electron in the Community Plugins is a window transparency thingy.

Thank you really very much for your interest and efforts !

Best wishes,
coreSpotz

@efemkay

I am using the standard dark theme.

Here are the images of edit mode and preview mode.
The reading mode doesn’t look much different than preview mode, so I omitted that.

Cheers !

Electron is part of the underlying mechanisms used for Obsidian to work, and if you find the About Obsidian dialog, it’ll show something like Obsidian 1.1.16 (Installer 1.1.16), and that installer version also reflects the Electron version, and I reckon efemkay is using some newer style CSS selectors, like :has(), which requires that installer version to be at least 1.1.9 (if I’m not mistaken).

So what does your About Obsidian say regarding the version? Another way to get these numbers are to execute command Show Debug Info form the command palette.

Under Settings → Options → About → Section App → there is no entry for Electron, there’s just the first entry Your Version… current Version 1.1.16… your version is up to date …

Thanks

As per what holroy mention. The installer version should be 1.1.9 because Im now using :has() for the snippet. Note that there are two version, App version and Installer version which is the smaller one below “Current Version”.

To update that, u need to redownload the installer from obsidian website and just run it normally. U don’t need to uninstall first. But backup is always is a good practice.

Btw, ur note per ur screenshot seems a bit weird. Why is it look as if u have invalid syntax (I’m guess the first line of obsidian callout is not correct). Look at my screenshot again, it should have all the text character I’ve shown there.

I’m sorry I mentioned “electron version” earlier. I wasn’t 100% sure about Linux and how the install worked, but I checked with a Linux user and they said electron is included with the Obsidian installer/package/executable (same as on Windows/mac).

The key, as efemkay and holroy mentioned, is the Obsidian installer version.

The installer-version is also 1.1.16

1 Like

Excuse me, what important part am I lacking? Please correct me if I made a mistake. thanks

Here is the code:

> [!blank|no-margin]
>- #### Core Work #mcl/list-grid 
	- [[00 Home|Main Goal 1]]
		- Collaboration with Jane
  - #### Learning & System

Ah, obviously there was a sharp bracket lacking. Now it seems to work. I am very sorry for my typo mistake.

Is it correct this way?

> [!blank|no-margin]
> - #### Core Work #mcl/list-grid 
> - [[00 Home|Main Goal 1]]
>	- Collaboration with Jane
> - #### Learning & System 

Thank you very much
coreSpotz

Yeah this should do it. My advice would be to do the bullet list first then wrap the finish bullet list with callout by selecting the whole list block and Ctrl/CMD P > Insert callout.

1 Like

@efemkay
Please take a look at this.

Why does the code produce this outcome?

Code:

front-matter:

---
cssClass: wide-page, two-column-list
created: 2023-03-29T13:12:24+02:00
updated: 2023-04-23T09:50:45+02:00
---

efemkay_modular_css_not_working_003_2

> [!blank|no-margin]
> - #### Writing Plugins #mcl/list-grid 
>	- Collaboration with Jane
> - #### Learning & System 

Preview Mode:

Thanks for your effort.

coreSpotz

@coreSpotz cssclass method (i.e. cssClass: two-column-list) and Markdown Attributes plugin (i.e. { .two-column-list-block } is an either-or options. you should only select one or the other.

for #mcl/list-grid, it will apply “grid” style column based on where you place the tag. see screenshot below

apply at “main goal” links lists

apply at “collab” sub lists

#mcl/list-column can be used together with cssclass: two-column-list but it wasn’t ideally designed as such since one is page level, another is block level. it’s better to use #mcl/list-xxx together with #mcl/list-xxx.

here’s how it looks like using page level (cssclass: two-column-list) and block level (#mcl/list-column), but it’s not ideal

One of the main problems is that the preview as well as in read mode has a fixed height an that totally rips apart what could be successful markup code.

Take a look at screenshot efemkay_modular_css_not_working_002_2

Best wishes to you

coreSpotz

Your screenshot not posted properly. Can you repost?