Discordian Theme

Thanks again mate for good spotting. I’m adding this to Github issues. You can also observe the progress on issues there if you like: Discordian - current issues

Hi @radekkozak , I really appreciate it that you are trying to solve the problem. Thanks again!

Hey @radekkozak, I’ve been really liking your Discord theme, but I ran into a bug with the lists.

The list/ header folding toggle buttons are not aligned with the first line of the list item/header only in editor mode. I’d like to have it aligned like in preview mode even if it’s not right next to the bullet.

EDIT:
Is it also possible to point out where I can adjust the opacity of the background for CTRL-O + CTRL-P functions? Right now the background is at 100% opacity and I’d like for it to be lowered.

Thanks!

Hi @s-kyy , thank you, very glad you like the theme. Regarding your questions:

1. Safest way for background opacity is to use snippet below
    discordian-modal-bg-opacity.css (29 Bytes)
    This way your custom styling won’t be overriden by future updates of Discordian (adjust the opacity to your liking)

2. As to folding toggles i am almost 99% positive this is not a Discordian issue but rather Markdown syntax issue. I confirmed it with default Obsidian theme and it is behaving exactly like this. It happens, for example, when there is bad spacing/tabbing on part of your text in list.

For example when you force it to break the line instead of letting it wrap and then deleting and trying to align your text. See my quick demonstration to see how it appears (The way it works underneath is that Obsidian adds another list span in such mailformed markdown so that’s exactly why another fold is appearing - with proper MD list everything is A-OK)

I advise against it and recommend using “Smart indent lists” option in Obsidian and preferably “Use tabs” with certain tab size. This way you can be more consistent with your lists and use Tab & Shift+Tab for list level manipulations

Hey @radekkozak,

1. The code snippet worked perfectly thanks!

2. With the default theme + no snippets + Smart Indent lists on, it works as you describe:

However, when I put your theme on the toggle fold icon is misaligned still. Maybe I’m still doing something wrong?

I suspect so, can you please send me your md note where the list is - it would be easier for me to debug.

Here’s how it should looks (and looks now on my part)

Yup! Here you go. The main aspect you missed in your screenshot was that the toggle fold icon gets misaligned when there is a nested bullet under a bullet that spans multiple lines.

Thank you for taking a look at this!

Test Note - List bug.zip (325 Bytes)

Hi @radekkozak, there may be a new bug. When I input texts as follows

$\bf{R_k}$observe

and the cursor follows behind e, then I found that the Enter button doesn’t work.

bug20210228

Indeed, i somehow missed that part. Ok let me see what is happening there underneath and i will get back to you. Thanks for the note, it will help

Hi again @leoxy . Can you please provide me some more details ? I’m asking because when i input the text you provide all is fine on my part.

is this a part of some plugin maybe ? So it tries to render such text to something ? On Discordian github page i list currently supported plugins so i want to know just in case. It’s conscious choice to have them close to minimum and to most popular plugins, as there is no way for me to follow all the plugins from community and keep up with the changes.

Either way i would like to see what’s wrong with your case so let me know. Maybe this is trivial bug i could easily remedy for you.

EDIT: Also, as always, it is best bet to send me current vault settings (.obsidian folder) + the problematic note. Or at least the note itself. It’s easier for me to debug what is going on, as i can’t possibly know what settings people have. Hope you understand

Hi @radekkozak, I just found the bug is caused by another plugin (i.e., Markdown Formatting Assistant).

Sorry for wasting your time. I’ll minimize the scope as you suggest if I encounter a new problem.

No worries, with so many plugins it’s sort of a given something will conflict eventually. Don’t get me wrong, i admire community & community plugins, but as you can see this can be also source of many problems. Plus everyone has different options enabled and setups which is kind of a nightmare for dev to debug the issues without having those exact setups on local developing machine if you know what i mean.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know as i do want the theme to be a solid default and possibly bug-free. Cheers

Hi again @s-kyy - good news, i found what is the issue. Thanks for staying with the problem

Let me know if you want me to send you CSS snippet that will take care of it, or if you can wait for next Discordian release that will patch it up.

Thanks for the fast turnaround @radekkozak !

I’d prefer a css snippet, but if you have the comment that is easy to search in your you css file that works too.

You got it. Ok, try removing this line (3037) in Discordian.css - height: 100% - this should take care of everything :wink: You can see where exactly in link below:

2 Likes

Worked perfectly thank you!

2 Likes

I understand. It is intractable to debug before locating the problem.

PS: I have an extravagant idea that I wonder do you have a plan to incorporate a light theme. Cheers :slight_smile:

Discordian Theme - new 0.8.1 version

https://github.com/radekkozak/discordian/releases/tag/0.8.1

Featuring: Images enhancements

For full usage options please see this README section

NOTICE: Floating images and Image Grids are two disjoint functionalities (in other words you can’t have grid images with captions)

Floating images - now with captions !!

Have your images the way you want: full in center (default) or floating left or right with your text wrapped around them. No messing around with HTML markups, no polluting your markdown. Fully using current Obsidian image embeds syntax along with image resizing.

Image grids ! (compatible with @kepano solution)

Image zooms

Fixes

• Text selection for highlighted text in lists /cc @leoxy (this one was tricky but should work now)
  • Folding toggle with multiline list items /cc @s-kyy (snippet should be obsolete now)
  • Wiki Links in Tables are now compatible with Advanced Tables Plugin
  • Few workspace fixes for upcoming Obsidian 0.11.4
  • Quotes spanning over floating images
  • Few Lists fixup
  • Editor mode width when in Writer Mode is now fixed
4 Likes

Oh my gosh the floating images look amazing. Also, the header-collapse-arrow fix is great!

I had one other small thing arise - the side scroll bar on code blocks. I see these in the base Obsidian theme, but they don’t appear for me in Discordian. Would this be easy to incorporate?

Hi @captaincaed sorry for delay, was a little sick last few days. Thank you, i’m glad you like the feature !

As to the thing you rise, this is by design - my idea with Discordian was to stay as clean visually as possible. In real-life scenarios i don’t see people using it really - they just scroll but never actually use the bar per se (with mouse or sth) - so the bar visually stays and clutters (especially when you have multiple codeblocks in a note like many people do) but is more of a indicator because users can scroll horizontally with Shift which is OS default i think.

I have explained it in few places but i’m gonna paste it here:

there is no horizontal bar in note “by design” because it only clutters the view but you should easily scroll everything that requires horizontal scrollbar by scrolling with Shift pressed.

If you’re for example on Windows or Linux and you can’t scroll like that let me now. I’m still debating on this anyway so i can maybe provide you with snippet if you really need those bars and can’t scroll as i described

All best