Discordian Theme

Thanks for all that, this helps. Will definitely work this out in the upcoming release.

Thanks as well for developing this theme, it’s really the only one I’m using any more.

I had one other question arise about task lists. I was hoping for default behavior, and commented out the code suggested in the .css file. I’m left with an odd split line behavior for the top list level, shown below. The cursor appears in superscript or subscript positions for the top task list level, and is a different color than nested levels. Is it possible to have the first level appear as the second level does, with the pink brackets and a normal midline cursor?

Here is block of code that I commented out
… until …

As to this i will have to look more deeply into it and what is the real cause - most probably something in the latest changes made it behave like this. I’m making this an issue on Github so you could check the progress here

https://github.com/radekkozak/discordian/projects/2

Spacing issue with line numbers and folding you desribed before is effectively fixed but i will ship it with next 0.7.0 version to not clutter you with snippet patches. Should be ready on Monday so bear with me day or two :wink:

Thanks again for the contributions - very helpful and makes the theme more bug-free overall so this is good - even for me as i use the theme daily myself

Hi again @captaincaed
… so i took a deeper look at the issue: superscript and all are already fixed by me

but it seems to me the other problems you’re having is just being bad Markdown if i see correctly (if not feel free to send me your note as attachment and i will check it out)

essentialy though between regular task markdown and text should be a space - if there is none brackets would appear pink as they are recognized as part of linkage of sth. This is definitely not a bug in that case. I’m attaching two screenshots for you to see how it looks right now on my part when tested

I definitely recommend to use “Smart Indent Lists” and more importantly “Use Tabs” options (set for size 4 for example) - this would make your lists more consistent and not relying on tapping right amount of spaces for different task levels. It would simply be “Tab” for next level and “Shift+Tab” to make the line one level back

See below how they look in Editor Mode when removing the block in CSS mentioned by you (second screenshot is the Preview mode)

Also i will try to make the Smart Task Lists optionable into tommorow’s release if i can

regular-tasks-editor-mode

Discordian Theme & Discordian Plugin - new 0.7.0 versions

With this release 0.7.0 of both theme & plugin as always many bugs were squashed and bunch of fixes were added. There is also long-awaited feature in Discordian Plugin : Pretty Task Lists are now toggleable by the user

https://github.com/radekkozak/discordian/releases/tag/0.7.0

https://github.com/radekkozak/discordian-plugin/releases/tag/0.7.0

Features:

• Pretty Task Lists in Editor mode are now toggleable by the user
  • Links in headers with preserved colors: this makes great sense when using Bryan Jenks (@tallguyjenks ) idea of self-correcting titles (i am using this little helpful trick myself)

Big refactor

• This version moves plugin’s CSS into the theme itself : please update both theme and plugin inside Obsidian and just to make sure i recommend restarting the app

Fixes:

• Tables are now scrollable inside Preview mode (use standard Shift+scroll) /cc @Gadwood
  • Clutter with folding and line numbers are now gone /cc @captaincaed
  • Bold text are now consistent between Editor and Preview mode /cc @captaincaed
  • Remove excessive h-scrollbar in Starred panel
  • Inline code now respect headers’ font size
  • Multiline tags visuals are now respected in frontmatter
  • More consistent navigation folders
1 Like

Hi Guillaume, just released new version of both theme and plugin. Hope this will fix the long tables issue.

After many talks with fellow designers and friends who use Discordian theme I also decided for now not to make horizontal bars visible. I know many other themes shows them but it really makes them very cluttered that way. To prevent that few others make the h-scrollbar very tiny but then it is essentialy unusable

I opted for standard OS user usability in that regard - so simple Shift+scroll as we talked previously. It should do for every such case as yours. Hope that’s ok with you /cc @Gadwood

1 Like

Love the them but I am having a couple issues with the update.
Cannot click anywhere on Discordian window and move the window with my mouse. Tried to toggle the plugin settings to show title bar and status bar but they do not appear. NOt seeing the Title Bar and Status bar I can live with but not being able to move the window? Tried other themes and they worked as expected. Any Ideas what this would be?
Thx

Update - Just found that there is a very small area on the top that will allow you to click and move.

Hi mate, yes - as i answered someone before - the way OS windows works is you have to have title bar visible in order to move the window. This is not specific to theme in any way.

I am more worried that Hide toggles for Status Bar and Title bar are not working for you : can you please help me resolve the issue for you and answer few questions ?

1. do you have newest plugin & theme update 0.7.0 (tried restarting app ? 0.7.0 version of the plugin should have styles.css empty - so this would be good indication update went ok for you)
  2. do you have Hider plugin by @kepano enabled ? Either option (via Discordian theme or via Hider plugin should work by the way) but maybe this is simple case of having both and one is trying to show the bar, the other wants to hide it ?
  3. did you make any changes in css or via snippets in relation to those functionalities maybe

Thanks for all the help

Thanks for getting back to me :grinning:

I think I got it figured out after playing around with it this morning.

I had the “Writer Mode” setting enabled in the Discordian plugin. Apparently, this disables the the “Title Bar” and “Status Bar” settings. After disabling the “Writer Mode” setting the “Title Bar” and “Status Bar” settings do indeed work!

I have now set a hotkey to enable the “Writer Mode” which gives me the flexibility of enabling the features I need. Makes since now that I think about it… You may want to add a note under the “Writer Mode” setting that this will disable Title and Status bar switches as they need to be set prior to enabling writer mode.
With Writer mode off, I have set Title Bar to on and Status bar off, Now with the writer hotkey everything toggles perfectly.

Thanks again for the fantastic theme.

Yes, i forgot to mention Writer Mode which of course as you managed to discover yourself, take precedence and force-hide Title bar & Status bar (regardless of toggles)

You are right - description should more explicitly mention this - i will change it in next release so there is no confusion in the future.

Anyway, i am glad you have worked this out - in fact i am using the modes almost exactly as you described: with hotkey but minus Title bar as i don’t need it - i always write in fullscreen mode

Cheers from Poland, and thanks for using the theme. Don’t hesitate to shoot if you stumble upon some other issues

Thanks for the excellent theme.

I came cross a question. I want to adjust the size of panels, and I can only change the height but not the width. The following figures illustrate the case.

My OS is Windows 10.

Snipaste_2021-02-21_17-20-49

Here is my plugin list.

Update 2020.02.22: The problem disappears when I disable the Sliding Panes (Andy’s Mode) plugin.

Hi @leoxy, thanks for letting me know. Indeed i see why this might be - and you’re right - its because of Andy Mode. I’m fixing this right now as a priority. Should be good today when 0.7.1 version of Discordian will arrive.

I will keep you posted.

Discordian Theme - new 0.7.1 versions

Just squashed bunch of bugs with this minor release 0.7.1 and brought few additional visual additions like below. Enjoy !

https://github.com/radekkozak/discordian/releases/tag/0.7.1

Features

• Added styling for new Groups in graph controls
  • Added styling for search area within Community Plugins panel
  • Codeblocks font in Editor mode now on par with Preview
  • More concise close buttons throughout

Fixes

• Sidebars resize handlers now resize properly in Andy Mode /cc @leoxy
  • Emojis from Emoji Toolbar plugin now working correctly
  • Footnotes size in Preview now on par with those in Editor mode
  • Visuals of pinned notes are now properly sized
  • Per request original icon sizes for Advanced Tables plugin are now brought back
  • Inline codes visuals

Hi @leoxy, new 0.7.1 version of Discordian is live. The issue with resizing sidebar panels are gone as i checked but just to be sure please let me know if it’s working for as i saw you’re on Windows machine (i develop on macOS)

No restart required but in case sth is cached up please reload Obsidian just in case

Cheers from Poland, happy you like the theme

Hi @radekkozak, I have updated the latest version and the issue with resizing sidebar panels is gone on my Windows 10! Thank you for the prompt update!

I came cross another question recently. When toggling the preview button (or press ctrl+e), I find sometimes the page backs to the first line wherever the cursor is. The gif illustrates the problem, and the example file is attached.

eg2.zip (310 Bytes)

Hi mate, seems very undeterministic - it is quite hard to put my finger on what is going here, but i think i was able to reproduce the issue and i see what i can do. Not sure for 100% that the cause is what i debbuged might be the cause but i will let you know about this one. Thanks

Very glad the other issue is gone

Love the theme! I think that’s a keeper.
Thanks for all your work!

cheers from Vienna

Hi @radekkozak , there may be a bug for ==highlight== with lists in editor mode.

highlights

Hi @leoxy , just letting you know what’s the status with the issue:

It was quite a nightmare to debug it down to a place when the scrolling issue (scroll not remembering its position) appears. Turns out it was not what i initially thought it would be, but i’ve managed to narrow it down and it is precisely The Relationship Lines bit that causes this. If you disable the option it should work as expected BUT

I tested it also on all other themes that offer such setting, like for example @kepano 's Minimal and it is there as well. So Stephano if you’re interested to resolve it for your theme as well maybe you could help if you have any idea what’s going on there. The CSS causing the scroll jumping to the top is (respective to your theme):

body.minimal-rel-preview .markdown-preview-view ul ul {
  position:relative;
}

But i bend over to the possibility it has to do with Obsidian reacting this way to such setting, so i will probably relay that to Obsidian’s Bug Reports section

I’m attaching example file for testing if anyone’s interested. Maybe other magicians will have a look /wink @death.au @Lithou @Silver

A scrollbar position issue with Relationship Lines in PREVIEW mode.md.zip (1.3 KB)

Hi @mara - thank you very much for your kind word, very much appreciated. Quite lovely to hear something that started as my own personal theme is now used by others and it is in some ways helpful. Not expected such warm adoption - really.

Cheers and all the best from Warsaw !