Different colored highlights

@Dor Thanks :slightly_smiling_face: . I’m just dog-paddling blindly. I have installed BRAT. It shows in my … ribbon?

blah blah … manifest.json???

Success! Hue-Woo! Colors! My note-taking — and the utility of Obsidian — just got exponentially richer. Thank you!

Highlightr-Plugin is superb! Thank you for linking to it.

I found the default colors overly saturated, and while numerically balanced appeared visually more in-and-out than I like. I have customized mine to be easier on my eyes and visually in the page with

Pink
FFB8EB80

Red
F0558260

Orange
FFB86C70

Yellow
FFF3A3A0

Green
BBFABB70

Cyan
ABF7F766

Blue
ADCCFF80

Purple
D2B3FF80

Grey
CACFD9A6

Color perception curves vary by individual, so YMMV — I hope that provides a better place to start than the defaults for anyone who wants quieter highlighting. Done on a hardware calibrated monitor. I use the equally superb Minimal Theme, in Light Mode, with Light Mode Style set to “Low contrast”.

I also recommend following the directions given by the author on the page linked by @lavaldi and assigning custom keychords to apply regularly used highlights.

5 Likes

Just a warning that the current version of Highlightr plugin (1.2.1) doesn’t work with Obsidian v.15.6.

4 Likes

I know that some themes (in my case sanctum) allow for different colour highlighting. For example
==This is normal==
==*This is blue*==
==**This is pink**==
It would be nice if obsidian did a similar thing in the default theme.

3 Likes

Upon further use I believe this feature only works in Live Preview