Dangerzone (FlowState-like plugin prototype)

I have the same problem. I am typing whatever and the text starts to fade out. Increased it to 10 seconds but it doesn’t seem to be detecting typing.

This plugin is great! The idea is fun, but the problem is that it doesn’t work. I’m using obsidian v0.13.19 in macOS and the button of the plugin doesn’t do anything. The time isn’t showing, and the text not disappear.

Is there a problem with this plugin and the current obsidian version?

3 Likes

This plugin has been broken for a few months for me. Nothing happens when I start a new dangerzone session. Would love to be able to use this again!

this plugin doesn’t work.

Can confirm: plugin is broken. @akaalias

Hi. This is a great plugin. I have two suggestions about how to improve it.

1. Disable copy-paste. I realized that I can cheat by copy-pasting what I’ve written so far. That way when I stop writing, and the app deletes everything I’ve written…I can still paste what I copied into a new note.
  2. Continuatiion of a pre-existing article. If an article was made in Dangerzone and a person finishes a session then continues writing it in another session, then I think it would be great to have the option to be able to delete the whole article in its entirety if one pauses too long. In simple words - it would be great to not have to make a new note for every new dangerzone session.

What do you think Alexis? Thanks again for a fantastic plugin.

1 Like

I am sad to discover this plugin is not working… am having the same issue as others with the stopwatch icon not initiating timer or text fading.

@akaalias Please, please think about updating this plugin. :pray:

Same problem. It worked well several days ago, but it failed to work today. Nothing happens if I type nothing for 5 seconds.

I am having a lot of trouble writing my thesis and this will help, a lot probably. Thank you.

Hey all, if you’re still having issues I’ve developed a similar plugin Perilous Writing which could fill the void.

1 Like

Great plugin! Can you add “Strict Mode”? When this mode is turned on, if I don’t finish writing, then I can’t copy the text and paste it into another document, such as a txt document.

太棒了,我第一次写作这么快。

Have you considered adding a feature that requires you to reach a certain word count? I use this with “The Most Dangerous Writing App” and whereas, the timer gets me started, I feel like a word count requirement encourages me to reach the writing goals I set