When I open the Obsidian app on my phone (Android) it automatically creates a new Daily note and the app opens up in that daily note. My problem is that this daily note is not being synced with my Mac app. Everything else syncs perfectly (using Obsidian Sync), so I do not get why this happens (or doesn’t happen as it were)?
Things I have tried
I have turned off the “Open your daily note automatically whenever you open this vault” on my Mac. Before I turned this off my Mac app would also create a new daily note, meaning that I would then have two different daily notes from the same date on my Mac and my phone respectively.
I have not found a solution anywhere. It seems that the mechanism with creating new daily notes on both a computer and a phone creates some problems for some people but it hasn’t led me to any solution…
It is WILD that Obsidian claims to “Sync” information but is willing to just write an entirely blank file over a note that has information in it because “it’s newer.”
The truely aghast failure moment I’m experiencing now is that Sync didn’t maintain any version history of what was in my “old” version of the file (composed offline) when I reconnected to WiFi. It simply wrote over all of it when I pulled the Daily Note up on my phone, and has no record of what I typed into the note before that point.