Cybertron theme + Cyber LYT

Hi Nick, Thanks for this theme! I get this gradient fading at the top and bottom of the header bar when I toggle rotated headers in the Sliding Panes plugin. It’s not there when not rotated. Is that supposed to happen? It’s kinda annoying :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Custom CSS is off btw and the theme is installed in the hidden obsidian/themes folder, not through the community themes installer. Thanks, Sara.

This is something I need to ask @death.au about. Because something about my theme and his “Sliding Panes” plugin causes this, when only one note is open.

Because I don’t know what I’m really doing with CSS, I just went into the Sliding Pane plug-in and found the word “gradient” and then figured out if I changed the “Height” values to “O” that this quirk would go away.

I just had to change the two “Height” values below:

body.plugin-sliding-panes-rotate-header .workspace > .mod-root > .workspace-leaf > .workspace-leaf-content > .view-header > .view-header-title-container:after {
  width: 100%;
  height: 0px;
  top: unset;
  bottom: 0;
  background: linear-gradient(to bottom, transparent, var(--background-secondary));
}
body.plugin-sliding-panes-rotate-header .workspace > .mod-root > .workspace-leaf > .workspace-leaf-content > .view-header > .view-header-title-container:before {
  content: "";
  position: absolute;
  width: 100%;
  height: 0px;
  top: 0;
  bottom: unset;
  background: linear-gradient(to top, transparent, var(--background-secondary));
}

Oh yes, I see what you mean. It’s only occurs with one pane open. I’ll have a go with the CSS (there’s a first time for everything!). I’m going in…

YES! Fixed it, thanks Nick.

1 Like

Hi @nickmilo
I really like your theme. At first I found the theme too colourful and almost candy. But after getting used to the colours I noticed that they really help in focusing on knowledge and specific functions of the text.

One thing that I was wondering about is this…
I like the published version of the LYT kit theme even more then the downloadable one. It’s more calm with the slightly lighter background colour for the left sidebar and same background colour for the right sidebars.

What does one have to change in CSS to achieve this? Thanks.

1 Like

I’m not sure of all of the variables that would have to change. The CSS is messy, so it’s probably going to be more elements than you’d think. It’s doable though. Please let me know if you going down the CSS rabbit hole!

Thanks @nickmilo Dis you use a separate stylesheet for the puplished version? Or is this something that Obsidian publish does? If so would you be willing to share it?

1 Like

It’s whatever the Publish css did. I’ll share it tomorrow and ping you here

1 Like

@janpeeters Here you go! publish.css (25.0 KB)

Terrific @nickmilo thanks!

edit: I tried the css but it didn’t change much. Probably something is done to the output in the Publish online backend. Thanks anyway for posting it!

1 Like

Hi @nickmilo , many thanks for your work. I am wondering where to fix the css file so I can add emojis in the same line.

1 Like

Do you use the emoji toolbar plugin by chance? Try toggling the setting in that plugin

Hey @nickmilo thank you for sharing this amazing theme, and also the tutorials on your youtube channel :smiley:

Just got one small problem here: in the original theme, the “-” + “>” would be rendered as “->”. However, it seems not working with your theme. Do you have any clue about this?

That might be a font issue rather than a theme issue.

1 Like

Some special fonts render that.
Most fonts do not. Cybercrime uses Avenue Next as its primary font. Apparently it doesn’t render that.

1 Like

Hi!
I absolutely love your theme.
I have one minor issue with it, perhaps you can help me: I am trying to change the editor to use a monospace font, but when I enable the snippet:

.markdown-source-view { font-family: monospace; }

nothing happens. It is as if somehow the CSS is overridden somewhere (it works with other themes).

You can just change --font-family-editor: to the monospaced font you want.

1 Like

Have you tried adding !important? Also, you can join the Discord channel and ask the same in the CSS group for a swift answer.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The snippet to get the correct effect is:

.markdown-source-view { --font-family-editor: monospace; }

1 Like

How can I change the color of the yellow background?