Cybertron theme + Cyber LYT

Thank you very much bro :pray: . I will figure it out…

1 Like

Hi bro,
Could you help me in creating indentation lines snippet like Obuntu and Cybertron for Blue Topaz theme… I tried some but they don’t work.

Thanks in advance

@munjanpour - I’ll take a look and see what I can do. I’ll DM you later today.

In the interest of keeping this thread on the topic of Cybertron, I won’t pollute it with snippets for another theme :wink: .

Thanks bro. Looking forward …

New Obsidian user and non tech guy here. I love this theme, but I got an issue with it that is causing friction in my writing process:

When I connect my MacBook Pro 15" to my external monitor 27" with resolution 1440p the line of text in edit mode get significantly more narrow. So much that writing becomes a bit uninspiring. Naturally when using a larger high res monitor one would expect wide blank spaces on the sides, but this is not that. It changes from being able to write 16 words average per line on my laptop screen to being only able to write average 12 words per line on my external monitor. Cybertron seems the most affected by this compared to other themes.

Anyone knows what is causing this or have suggestions for fix? Maybe @nickmilo can look at this? Love your LYT kit and videos btw.

Check screenshots
Note: I did a fresh install of Obsidian with no other plug-ins activated. Also tried on another MacBook. Same issue.

1 Like

I can actually help here, too. Add this as a snippet and play with the max-width values. These seem to work for me. 1000px is the ‘break point’ for the display rule, so if it doesn’t jive, you can experiment with that part, too.

Note - copy this as-is. The indentations are important on a nested media query.

@media screen and (min-width: 1000px) {
  .markdown-preview-view.is-readable-line-width .markdown-preview-sizer {
    max-width: 900px;
  }
  .markdown-source-view.is-readable-line-width .CodeMirror {
    max-width: 900px;
  }
}

First one is for preview, second is for the editor.
I had similar problems when using a Surface. The resolution is really high for such a small screen.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Here’s a lighter version of Cybertron called Cyber LYT.

If I could, I’d make this part of the same theme, but I’m not that skilled with CSS.

obsidian.css (28.8 KB)

1 Like

Hi! I love the theme and your YouTube content. However I am having some trouble with the theme… Is there a way to change the way the links are displayed when they are highlighted? they are not really visible with the pink under the yellow highlighter…

Is Cyber LYT going to be available on Community Themes ?

You can change the css

Not anytime soon… should eventually be a part of the same theme

Thanks. Have a good day.

1 Like

Hi, This is the same file that you update in your GitHub repo?
When you download it from the Obsidian Theme browser it’s pulling from the master of that repo?

I have a issue with my css, every time I write a “-” for begin a list, the cursor take back to the upper line and I can’t select the list line to edit it anymore.

Yep, same one.

I think this might be a new bug not related to the theme that is getting squashed. (Or maybe I’m wrong, time will tell.)

Absolutely love this theme! Great job, @nickmilo !

Quick question though: the Obsidian v0.12.1 improvement “Quick font size adjustment” (Ctrl+Scroll) doesn’t seem to be working with the theme. Any suggestion on how to circumvent this issue? Thank you!

Not sure why, but if anyone knows, just let me know!

There were some strange updates recently…I think they are related somehow…so as of now I’m updating the theme to fix them. (Issues with Header spacing and toggle triangles positioning.)

1 Like

Hey @nickmilo thank you for bringing this smart theme to the community, after trying many of them, yours is definitely the most amazing one!

I got a problem (all external plug-ins and custom appearence and css snippets disabled) when I enable your cybertron theme.

There is no line break after a sublist and it feels weird.

Editor:

feels cool!

Preview:

the sublist is not followed by a line break…

I also talked about this problem in Line jump don’t occur after sublists

I looked in your .css a way to fix this but didn’t find how…

May you help me ?

Cheers,

matelon

The content font size is too small for me with respect to sidebar font.

What should I use in my CSS snippet to change only the content font ?

I added some code to make it more legible.

After adding script : Altered Cybertron

Original: Original
I am using Rubik Font, which I think is better than Avenir. (Google Fonts)

CSS Snippet

.markdown-preview-view {
  font-family: 'Rubik', sans-serif !important;
}

.theme-dark
{
  /* only for cybertron theme */
  --background-primary: #161b22;
  --text-normal: #dedede;
}
3 Likes

That’s a really nice alt version, bravo!

1 Like